• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Payment Issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janner View Post
    Met Office are still dealing with Pendragon.
    An arrangement is being put in place to ensure contractors are paid on time. The Met Office will pay the contractor direct.
    Yet I bet the Met Office will still continue to pay the same % commission to Pendragon but take on more administration work themselves, instead of just ditching the agency for a better one. I mentioned elsewhere they`re a bit of a joke too
    Last edited by SuperZ; 6 November 2009, 13:06.

Comment

Pendragon in trouble

Word on the grapevine is that Pendragon are in receivership.

Comment

Originally posted by nizlab View Post
        Word on the grapevine is that Pendragon are in receivership.
        Yep, we've heard that here as well. Ten contractors here might be out of pocket by about a month's money.
        You ain't seen me, right!

Comment

Voluntary Liquidation

I gather that most contractors will have received letters about Pedragon going into Voluntary liquidation. A number of contractors at Met Office are affected.

Comment

Surprise surprise but for the contractors.
            Met Office contractors should also give the Met Office a hard time. The warning signs were there for a long time. I know of someone who gave advice to the Met Office about Pendragon but they chose to ignore it and I think in fact recommended they left if they didn`t want to be employed via Pendragon because that was their preferred supplier despite the issues that had appeared.
            Last edited by SuperZ; 1 December 2009, 16:25.

Comment

Wow just reading this thread, if I wasn't contracting at a govt department currently myself I wouldn't have believed that such incompentency was possible at MO (Mickey MOuse Club?).

So: condolences to those contractors that are going to lose money, but...

a word to those useless gits at Pendragon... 'die screaming motherf*@kers' !!!

The sun sets on another uselsss bunch of cowboys. Brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
                So: condolences to those contractors that are going to lose money, but...

a word to those useless gits at Pendragon... 'die screaming motherf*@kers' !!!
                I started writing a post to create a new thread to that effect: "Ha, ha, have a rotten Christmas" but then got to thinking about the non-agent permies at Pendragon and their prospect of a tulipty Xmas. I must be going soft.

Still, I wish it were Tata or Progressive or Evolution or MSB or Hays or Capita or Huxley.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

PCG Plus members should be able to claim on their insurance if the agency has gone bust.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Unfortunately PCG Plus has a few limitations. This is from the PCG website:

3. Aggregate Policy Limits
                    In addition to the individual claim limits, PCG’s policy has an aggregate limit of £500,000 to cover all claims made in any one period of insurance with an aggregate limit per individual agency of £100,000.

Therefore, if an agency was to fail with 50 PCGPlus / PCG OneStop Plus members facing financial loss, then the maximum payout would be £2,000. If the full aggregate limit has been reached, no further claims would be accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by 0mega View Post
                      Unfortunately PCG Plus has a few limitations. This is from the PCG website:

3. Aggregate Policy Limits
                      In addition to the individual claim limits, PCG’s policy has an aggregate limit of £500,000 to cover all claims made in any one period of insurance with an aggregate limit per individual agency of £100,000.

Therefore, if an agency was to fail with 50 PCGPlus / PCG OneStop Plus members facing financial loss, then the maximum payout would be £2,000. If the full aggregate limit has been reached, no further claims would be accepted.
                      So, get in quick and claim. IIRC, something is better than nothing.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X