• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2008 Contract Competition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Contract Competition

Hi all,

Dunno about you guys but this year has turned out to be the toughest so far when trying to find a new contract!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've been in the contract game of 1st/2nd line support for three years now but it doesn't seem to be enough for these cold hearted recruiters.

The following link from JSA (advertised above) backs me up.
    http://www.jsagroup.co.uk/news3/news...in-Their-Jobs/

Thanks guys

Originally posted by SuDT View Post

I've been in the contract game of 1st/2nd line support for three years now but it doesn't seem to be enough for these cold hearted recruiters.
    You probably need to be offering more developer skills in addition to 1st/2nd line support, otherwise your competition is the offshore market...

Good luck with it.

Comment

don't panic!

You've only been at it for 3 years. About time you had a bit of a dip.

Comment

Join Wilmslow and go permie?

Comment

I have found 2008 to be pretty good. I have had three instances where I have not had a sniff for five months and have sat on my arse getting suicidal. I hung in there and the right gig came along. The market seems pretty good at the moment. You are probably just having some rotten luck.
          He must have a foot like a traction engine

Comment

Working...
          X