• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

delivering training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

delivering training

considering buying a few laptops and offering to run training courses for end users of particular product at a companies site or in a rented conf room somewhere

anyone done/doing this type of thing? advice to offer ?

What do you train in ?

Comment

Originally posted by Likely View Post
      What do you train in ?
      Cross-posting

Comment

If you;er going to do training, write it as a CBT package and sell that, rather than doing it yourself with real laptops and all the rubbish associated with that.
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

I've done it a lot as a permie.

You sure about your own own laptops - hire equipped room. If you need special stuff on there get the facility to put down a custom image. If you are doing onsites for companies they provide the machines.

The latops are going to be a big hassle, you are going to have to fork out money up front for that. If you book a facilty the worst case scenario is you cancel and lose the deposit.

It is something I have considered so maybe there is scope to work together if you are interested.

The thing for me is where to get the sales from.

I've sold out classes at 1500 a pop with 15 people in for 4 days... but those were all sold through the sales arm of a company.

Comment

Working...
          X