• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent asking the candidate to appear for Online Test

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    It's very, very unlikely to be the agent asking for tests, in my experience it's always been the clients HR team and their standard approach to hiring staff.

Yep! Usually thrown to the agents to deal with as part of "value added" to the client. Trust me, we don't like tests any more than you guys!
    I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Originally posted by Ashwin2007 View Post
      One recruitment Agency called over phone and explained the C# SQL Developer - Recruitment process as follows:

(1) Two tests to be written, one each for SQL and C#
      (2) If you score more than their benchmark, then you will have to go through a telephonic interview.
      (3) If you pass the telephonic interview, you will be invited for a one day trial onsite wherein you will be given some code to be written. If you pass this trial, you will be hired.

Rate about £250-300/day at Central London based on experience.

Whether you are 5 years experienced or 10 years experienced, the same process.
      It is no wonder that they complain that they cannot find people!!!!!

FFS
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        It is no wonder that they complain that they cannot find people!!!!!

FFS

Yep, totally agree!

For a start, surely £250-300 for a Central London contract is only going to get you relatively inexperienced developers!?! Would be interested to hear what "Another Dodgy Agent" thinks about C#/SQL rates in general, being an agent and privy to general market information.

Secondly, 2 written tests? Even Microsoft's own MCPs aren't written, and they're professional qualifications!! And as I said in my previous post, is the quality of the written test going to be good enough anyway? Who writes them? Who marks them (being a "written" test, it's not as straight-forward as seeing if they selected answer B, etc)?

Thirdly, shouldn't they be doing a phone interview first? After all, why should someone go through a test first if they're likely to be rejected because their personality doesn't suit, or whatever?

I think agents should be responsible here and feed back this kind of information to the clients - maybe they'd be doing something to earn their money, then!

Comment

Working...
        X