• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Campion Wilcocks 'Associate' - posh word for "a name on their database"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campion Wilcocks 'Associate' - posh word for "a name on their database"?

Any views on Campion Wilcocks chaps/chappettes?

Is it worth a meeting ("interview") with their Client Director? And are you tied into them any more than a regular agency? Whats the difference?

I'd be very surprised if it's more than salesman spin.

Odds are they will attempt to "market" you to clients at the same time they use the information mined from you at the meeting about past clients to punt at new leads you inadvertantly gave them.

I avoid meeting agents unless it's a meeting to discuss final contract terms and the agent is buying lunch.

Comment

ah, well.. they can have as much made up information about previous jobs as they like if they are paying for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post
        ah, well.. they can have as much made up information about previous jobs as they like if they are paying for lunch.

Shallow git!
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

hey! i'm a consultant...

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post
            hey! i'm a consultant...
            Did you ask for a copy of the receipt? If so.... I think your consultant title is well founded.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
              Did you ask for a copy of the receipt? If so.... I think your consultant title is well founded.
              and dont forget to claim the mileage to/from the coffee shop

Comment

Working...
              X