• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract extension cometh.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    You took seven days off with the flu

You are a permie and I claim my 5 polyester ties....
    that's right. Real Men(TM) come into work with flu, write terrible code through a fug of illness and high-strength Lemsip, and give their germs to everyone else to take home to their kids.
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard
    You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

If people didnt fritter their hard earned wedge away so easily, taking time off when your ill isnt an issue. I dont normally take holidays during contracts either so there!

Beside, I have a 160 mile a day drive to work and back so I've no reservations whatsoever about having some time off.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

My contract extention turned up in the post this morning too.

A nice feeling in these current times...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Got mine offered to me last week, pretty glad as at first they told me nothing was going to come of it but then something turned up on another team.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            My contract extention turned up in the post this morning too.

A nice feeling in these current times...
            Good feeling indeed. It's also a good feeling to turn down jobs too whilst in an extended contract.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

alright alright you lot, no need to rub it in, take some pity on a poor guy who is out of contract at the mo

Comment

Originally posted by downsouth View Post
                alright alright you lot, no need to rub it in, take some pity on a poor guy who is out of contract at the mo
                Just been renewed for 6 months at a lovely juicy rate

HTH

Comment

Thats it kick me when i'm down, twist the knife a little deeper

Anymore abuse?

Comment

Anymore abuse?
                    I've got 5.5 month extension, plus an "option" at the end

Comment

Anymore abuse?

I have 32 contractors out and all are renewed into 2009!
                      I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Working...
                      X