• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract extension cometh.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract extension cometh.

Went back to work today after being off with flu for the last 7 days to be asked would I be interested in a contract extension taking me to first quarter end of 2009.

No rate increase but seeing as they gave me a big increase 9 months ago plus they let me work the 35 hours in 4 days so Friday is always a rest day, in the current climate I cant complain.

Get in!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Went back to work today after being off with flu for the last 7 days to be asked would I be interested in a contract extension taking me to first quarter end of 2009.

No rate increase but seeing as they gave me a big increase 9 months ago plus they let me work the 35 hours in 4 days so Friday is always a rest day, in the current climate I cant complain.

Get in!
    You took seven days off with the flu

You are a permie and I claim my 5 polyester ties....

Congrats on the extension, but there is no need for the bragging about the four day week.

Comment

Get in!
      Very well done Sir!

BP

Comment

Get in!
        Gobsmacked. Sir, you only get full points if you get your agent to drop margin by 5% thereby allowing you to realise a rate increase (of sorts)!

Get on the phone!
        I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Well done! Boomed!

The subject has been broached by my ClientCo too - although my current contract doesn't end until Dec - they want to do a years extension.

I have naturally initiated a conversation with agent about rates and margins - can't see clientco paying any more, given they are currently shedding production qty/shifts, but I happen to know of another contractor doing the same job at the same charge rate to client co who is getting £2 an hour more from agent.

I have already had the myriad of excuses involving terms like "protect margin," "business rules," and "payroll only margin." Yes yes I say - do you want a smaller portion of a years money or a large portion of nothing?? I wonder!

Time to negotiate.

Comment

Originally posted by Another Dodgy Agent View Post
            Gobsmacked. Sir, you only get full points if you get your agent to drop margin by 5% thereby allowing you to realise a rate increase (of sorts)!

Get on the phone!

The agent doesnt know yet! So I may try and squeeze them a bit.

As for the flu, yes, got a very weak chest so when it hits me, it hits me in the pocket as well as the chest
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

The agent doesnt know yet! So I may try and squeeze them a bit.

As for the flu, yes, got a very weak chest so when it hits me, it hits me in the pocket as well as the chest
              Sorry got obsessed with rate, errmmmm commmishhsion. I hope you feel better soon
              I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                there is no need for the bragging about the four day week.
                every need

pour encourager les autres...

Comment

I am a permie with flu and I am in work right now!!

Mind you, will probably be crawling home at 2pm to bed.... Feeling really grim today.

7 days lost earnings? That is a lot to lose!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                    I am a permie with flu and I am in work right now!!

Mind you, will probably be crawling home at 2pm to bed.... Feeling really grim today.

7 days lost earnings? That is a lot to lose!
                    When school finishes

Comment

Working...
                    X