• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Preparing for a behavioural interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preparing for a behavioural interview

I've got a behavioural interview coming up and I'm preparing for the questions they might ask.

Have you any examples of IT (Software Development) based behavioural interview questions?

All the ones I've found have been Sales oriented (yawn)...

Best way to prepare is to not be too hungover from the night before.

At the start of my 20 year IT career, having just got a degree in IT, I failed an IT aptitude test for that reason.

I did know a guy fail a personality test due to conflicting answers. But he was very weird.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I did know a guy fail a personality test due to conflicting answers.
      But that's what user requirements are like!

Comment

Interviews aren't as bad as questionaires/tests but still dumb if you're primarily a technical contractor.

Just be yourself...
        Last edited by cojak; 26 September 2008, 08:46.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Best way to prepare is to not be too hungover from the night before.
          Rubbish. I passed my CISSP with a hangover. And I wore my sunglasses through it all...
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by scaryfast View Post
            I've got a behavioural interview coming up and I'm preparing for the questions they might ask.

Have you any examples of IT (Software Development) based behavioural interview questions?

All the ones I've found have been Sales oriented (yawn)...
            Why are people posting questions for what is clearly a permie interview on a contractor site!?

No self respecting contractor would ever submit to such a thing, would they?
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              Why are people posting questions for what is clearly a permie interview on a contractor site!?

behavioural interview ??? WTF

This question should be re-posted on Permie UK

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

This isn't out of the ordinary for Project Managers or Consultants. These aren't personality tests but (hopefully) properly conducted interviews.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                X