• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone know anything about penalties / commisions on currency transfers from

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know anything about penalties / commisions on currency transfers from

Anyone know anything about penalties / commisions on currency transfers from ones own UK domestic current account to one's own current account say based in France / Spain / Portugal ?

Opening a current account in these countries is actually easy for me, I'm talking about transferal of sums of money in the order of 2 x 300,000 GBP to Euro.

If there are large levies/commisions associated with these types of transaction does anyone out there know any ways to get around these or at
    least to minimise them ?????

You need to contact a currency trading firm otherwise you'll pay silly commission on poor exchange rates. Do NOT use your bank for this as they'll fleece you.

Search the net for these but essentially, you're looking for someone like this http://www.xe.com/fx/how.htm

Avoid anyone who only offers you 'tourist rate' exchange rates.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

try currencyuk.co.uk

etc

Comment

Working...
      X