• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday Destination Bargains

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday Destination Bargains

Folks

I happen to have a couple of weeks vacation to take over the festering season - ie Wednesday Dec 24 th to Sunday Jan 4th.

What sites would you reccomend to get some Winter Sun bargains ?

Anyone been to Egypt duirng the festering season ?

Thanks for your input !
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 10 November 2008, 19:03.

Florida's always good over Xmas. Not Orlando.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I was in Dahab, Egypt last xmas. It was fun.

Comment

Virgin are doing first class returns for just over a grand depending where you go...(US etc)

Or you could try Conga?

Comment

Sri Lanka is a good place to be at that time of year. Time to plug Plan B.

http://www.tropicalbeachhouse.com/

Fully booked over that time though. But there are other places nearby that are good. I guess it edpends on what you want.
          "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
          "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
            Folks

I happen to have a couple of weeks vacation to take over the festering season - ie Wednesday Dec 24 th to Sunday Jan 4th.

What sites would you reccomend to get some Winter Sun bargains ?

Anyone been to Egypt duirng the festering season ?

Thanks for your input !
            I would avoid Tenegrief or Lanzagrotty but the other Canaries will be pleasant (though not roasting) at that time of year.

I've found a combination of Expedia & Trip Advisor the best for research.

If you want real bargains, try teletext.com. You will definitely find something cheap, but it may or may not be a bargain.
            Lastminute has a ridiculous system where you only find out the price you pay once you've been through the whole process, so avoid.

As with everything, you get what you pay for
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
              Sri Lanka is a good place to be at that time of year. Time to plug Plan B.

http://www.tropicalbeachhouse.com/

Fully booked over that time though. But there are other places nearby that are good. I guess it edpends on what you want.
              I really like Sri Lanka and don't think I was that far from your place. People and food were fantastic. The only downside, if you can call it that, is that you fly via the Maldives, which for divinig is unbeatable. So why go all the way to Sri Lanka.

Comment

Travelzoo.co.uk are good for this kind of thing.

Had loads of deals for Egypt when I was looking last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  I really like Sri Lanka and don't think I was that far from your place. People and food were fantastic. The only downside, if you can call it that, is that you fly via the Maldives, which for divinig is unbeatable. So why go all the way to Sri Lanka.
                  Where on earth are you flying from to go via the Maldives? There are direct flights from the UK to Colombo (I'd recommend Sri Lankan Air for service and price over any others)

Oh and I'll see your Maldives and raise you a Micronesia for diving.
                  "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                  "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
                    Where on earth are you flying from to go via the Maldives? There are direct flights from the UK to Colombo (I'd recommend Sri Lankan Air for service and price over any others)

Oh and I'll see your Maldives and raise you a Micronesia for diving.
                    Sri Lankan Air stops off in Male on the way to Columbo from LHR. Well it did in Sept.

Can't comment on the Micronesia bit though. Maybe next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X