• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Spring group (aka Hyphen) - AVOID IF YOU CAN

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Spring group (aka Hyphen) - AVOID IF YOU CAN

What a complete bunch of incompetents!

My troubles started in November, when the company I was working in single-sourced all their contracts through Hyphen (Spring). My contract with my current agency was terminated, and I had the choice of a new one at 10% less, or the door.

I am also forced to use their cra**y website www.contractorportal.com, to enter timesheets etc.
    When I didn't get paid as expected, despite following the process as instructed, I was told that the process had changed and I needed to use new e-timesheets (which laughably still had to be printed off, signed and faxed back).
    Every time I logged on my details had changed, such as contracts current, payment frequency, and timesheets.
    The website was also down for some time with a "virus"!
    The staff aren't very helpful either, blaming each other for their faults, my on-site rep blaiming the Website, and the support people blaming her.

I like working where I am, but the forcible use of Spring as an agent is really putting me off. The reasons why the company I work in have done this is to cut costs, obviously, but it really pi**es me off!

Originally posted by oldtimer45 View Post

I am also forced to use their cra**y website www.contractorportal.com, to enter timesheets etc.
    Eh, that takes you to:

http://www.siteboxparking.com/?dp=ww....com&aid=40465
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Spring, Hythen and pants

My last contract was via another agency, then onto Spring using http://www.hyphen.com. Going through another agency and then onto Spring does create some interesting new avenues to demonstrate incompetence.

I agree the process / website for Hythen and the contractor Portal is pants and Spring, well there are more intelligent life forms in my pond than some of that lot working at a well known agency.

Interestingly, the website does describe "A fresh angle on tailored recruitment solutions". This is certainly true, it's just that the other solutions work rather better.

Comment

WTF is that web site about? Clicking on shift-refresh changes the layout and content over and over.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          WTF is that web site about? Clicking on shift-refresh changes the layout and content over and over.

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-contract.html

same mob my mate is dealing with, different issue however.

Comment

I'm with Spring at the moment, and while the system isn't the best I must admit I have had no major problems. I got the QDOS amendments made to my contract as requested and have been paid within the time period they specified every time.

The only slip up was when I first started and clicked on the link to "authorise" my timesheet. I assumed somebody at client co would get a log in and click an auth button.... Somebody from the website phoned me up and seemed to find the idea that a client would be able to authorise the timesheet online without me printing it off, getting it signed and then uploading a scan of the timesheet unbelievable......

It's a bit of a long winded system, but I can upload my own invoices and I don't usually have to talk with any muppets so it does the job.

Comment

I worked through Spring on my last contract and as an agency I must confess I tried to avoid having any engagement with them whatsoever apart from at renewal time. The muppets they sent to site to do the regular visits were more like schoolchildren let out for a day rather than professional representatives of an IT recruitment company.

I didn't have any issues with their systems though and was always paid on time - but then client co. did have a nifty self billing system so I didn't ever have to fill in a timesheet.

I found their 4-4-5 schedule for monthly billing rather frustrating.
                Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

I've worked through Spring before in the past and never had any problems with them. Invoices paid 1 week after submission. They only paid monthly though. You post your invoices online and they pay when they say they will.

By the way you posted the wrong URL. This is the correct one:
                  https://www.thecontractorportal.com/...vacypolicy.asp
                  I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

I'm currently with Spring as well - no issues here, they pay on time and the contractor portal works well for me. They also have a system for generating an invoice on your behalf if you so desire.

The lads at Spring that I have dealt with have been good, and I'm in no way swayed by the couple of occasions they've taken us out and picked up the tab
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                    X