• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Possible short one off gig - Interface/import/export

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible short one off gig - Interface/import/export

Little bit odd this one, I can't engage in this directly as it would be a gross conflict of interest, but the supplier has come to me for advice.

I'm managing a project for a client which has a very promising supplier (not an IT company), the data the client can supply will be in the form of 2 seperate excel spreadsheets per upload to the supplier (there will be multiple identical format uploads with different data per upload) the client output format can't really be varied.
    Unfortunately the supplier needs to import the data extracted from fixed fields on the two spreadsheets, merge the relevant data and present it to an industrial machine in a .DXF vectorised format.

There will be multiple line items per upload and the imported .DXF items will need to be used in a jig to produce a batch of unique items from the industrial machine. The machine manufacturer has quoted the supplier rather a lot to produce an import tool.

It's fundamentally a problem of importing from excel format data into the vectorised graphic format and presentation in a suitable, completely reproducable and consistent manner. Incidentally the timescale for completion would be pretty short so it needs someone available effectively now-1 week.

This will be in the Farnborough area, but I'd guess some of the work could be done remotely at a pinch since the data could be sanitised or faked for development of the tool. Tool would probably be run in a Wintel environment.

I have no doubt some of you have the skills necessary to do the task if so please drop me a PM and I'll discuss in more detail and provide contact details for the potential customer.

Working...
X