Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions - Page 51
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
Posts 501 to 510 of 511
  1. #501

    Super poster

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    3,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notknown View Post
    i have in the pass been Security cleared . but about 14 years ago i got escorted for a MOD Site for allergedly trying to email written porn . i could never prove i was innocent so it is what it is . My question could i get Security clearance now ?
    Have you read any of this thread?

    As stated many many times, nobody knows. To find out you need to apply.
    See You Next Tuesday

  2. #502

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    11,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Have you read any of this thread?

    As stated many many times, nobody knows. To find out you need to apply.
    Agreed, although that particular peccadillo is noting to do with security clearance directly, more a breach of your client's Acceptable Use policy.
    Blog? What blog...?

  3. #503

    Super poster

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    3,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Agreed, although that particular peccadillo is noting to do with security clearance directly, more a breach of your client's Acceptable Use policy.
    Indeed. In general I don't think a non-criminal activity would be a problem (excluding excessive debt, gambling or alcohol addiction), but do SC sponsors pass any information to the vetting agency if they walk someone off site?
    See You Next Tuesday

  4. #504

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    11,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Indeed. In general I don't think a non-criminal activity would be a problem (excluding excessive debt, gambling or alcohol addiction), but do SC sponsors pass any information to the vetting agency if they walk someone off site?
    Dunno. But blowing the AUP may be noted as a breach of trust. Depends who the client was really.
    Blog? What blog...?

  5. #505

    Still gathering requirements...

    BlackCountryContractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Well it's pretty obvious
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Indeed. In general I don't think a non-criminal activity would be a problem (excluding excessive debt, gambling or alcohol addiction), but do SC sponsors pass any information to the vetting agency if they walk someone off site?
    I know with Police Forces after the Cheshire incident, that more in-depth investigation for vetting has been discussed to the NPCC; with work history been more carefully scrutinised alongside other things (Allegations of non-criminal misconduct in former workplaces are one area which they seem quite keen to do more investigation in with west midlands police been the lead force to implement strict standards on dismissal in previous work though this has been for staff and police only).

    There is still a gap at the moment how information between regional professional units will be shared more freely but I know later towards late 2020 there could be a new tougher regime that could be in place for all officers/staff/contractors if there is a go ahead to trial it.

  6. #506

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    111

    Default

    How long does it take for the SC Clearance to come through, these days?

  7. #507

    TykeLike

    SimonMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire
    Posts
    22,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zonkkk View Post
    How long does it take for the SC Clearance to come through, these days?
    Depends on your circumstances, UK national with a full clean history will be quicker than someone with a foreign sounding name who makes trips abroad and can only evidence recent history.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

    ― Marcus Aurelius

  8. #508

    Super poster

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    3,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Depends on your circumstances, UK national with a full clean history will be quicker than someone with a foreign sounding name who makes trips abroad and can only evidence recent history.
    also depends if the client pays extra to fast track you

    My last one was one day short of a month, and that was with some clarifications asked for by the vetting agency.
    See You Next Tuesday

  9. #509

    Super poster

    Scruff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Leafy Surrey (Lahndahn Tahn)
    Posts
    2,737

    Default

    14 months for one time portal access.
    10 minutes to complete.
    10 days later NPPV3 and SC
    QDOS Referral Code http://www.qdoscontractor.com/code/QCL26507

    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I have resigned my IPSE Membership from 4 June, 2019. IPSEXit.

  10. #510

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
    14 months for one time portal access.
    10 minutes to complete.
    10 days later NPPV3 and SC
    Excuse my ignorance, what is the 'one time portal access' thing?
    The client that will sponsor me have their own vetting team which will take care of everything.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •