• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need a fill-in between contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Yeah but when we go global we are going to be head to head!! Think big baby
    Ahh, of course, I believe Adidas and Puma were in the same predicament at one stage...

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
      Ahh, of course, I believe Adidas and Puma were in the same predicament at one stage...
      Exactly!!! You have to be careful... Once I was talking about this very same thing to an Austrian guy and I said I wanted to make a drink to wake people up and call it Blue Tiger. Put it in smaller tins and stuff...

Anyway.. back down to the dole office for me this aft....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Interesting fact (I think)...both companies were set up by two brothers who fell out with each other and wanted to show who could be the more successful. BBT

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          Interesting fact (I think)...both companies were set up by two brothers who fell out with each other and wanted to show who could be the more successful. BBT
          According to "Sneaker Wars", they fell out because of a throwaway comment from Adi:

One night in the early 1940s, as Allied forces rained explosives on Bavarian soil, the shoe- making brothers Adi and Rudi Dassler, both married and in their 40s, took to the cellar with their families for refuge. "Here are the bloody bastards again," Adi reportedly snapped. Rudi believed the invective was aimed at him and his family. Adi insisted that he was referring to the planes above.
          If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Anyone got any ideas/suggestions/something you do ?
            Sockpuppet is a trucker in his spare time.

Or a project manager in his spare time and a trucker as his main job - can never remember which way round it is.
            If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Working...
            X