• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit check/Medical Check

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit check/Medical Check

Hello all,

Managed to secure a permie position with a Bank and submitted all my credentials ( lots of papers ) and they haven't come back to me and it's been 2 weeks.

Anyone experienced this sort of things? or should i have to wait for more time ?

BTW, i have checked with my referees and they confirmed that they haven't received any email or phone calls from the background screening company?

Is it just me feeling very slow or they normally do the work @ this pace?

Thanks

I've never worked for a bank as a permie - only as a consultant - so I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question. You may get more information on a more appropriate site.
    Loopy Loo

Comment

Originally posted by secontrator View Post
      Hello all,

Managed to secure a permie position with a Bank and submitted all my credentials ( lots of papers ) and they haven't come back to me and it's been 2 weeks.

Anyone experienced this sort of things? or should i have to wait for more time ?

BTW, i have checked with my referees and they confirmed that they haven't received any email or phone calls from the background screening company?

Is it just me feeling very slow or they normally do the work @ this pace?

Thanks
      Here's a thought... have you called the Bank's HR department and asked them what the hold up is?
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
        Here's a thought... have you called the Bank's HR department and asked them what the hold up is?
        Ofcourse i have and they are saying they are waiting for a response from the screening company.

Does anyone know what's the average waiting time for the screening process? - CREDIT / MEDICAL?

Thanks

Comment

Sounds to me like they are looking for an excuse
          Blood in your poo

Comment

When I got a job 2 yrs ago working for HBOS It took about 1 week for the vetting agency to get intouch with me. The whole process took less than 4 weeks to complete.

Get in touch with the vetting office and ask why it's taking so long.

Comment

Originally posted by beemarman View Post
              When I got a job 2 yrs ago working for HBOS It took about 1 week for the vetting agency to get intouch with me. The whole process took less than 4 weeks to complete.

Get in touch with the vetting office and ask why it's taking so long.
              Vetting agency confirmed that they have send the credit report to the bank and so far 3 weeks gone in the process. so, the max i'll wait for one more week.

Thanks

Comment

Credit check report should come back quickly normally it's the employment history
                check that takes time, if your going for a senior position they normally go back
                at least 15yrs to check your employment history and background.

max should be two-three weeks also if they are unable to confirm gaps in employment
                then HR might still accept you if someone at Managing Director level signs off the exception.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
                  Credit check report should come back quickly...
                  Agree with Bright Spark!

When I've ordered company credit report in Check That Company I received this report after 3 days...And I've been satisfied by this report...I think that execution speed is a sign of good companies...

Comment

I started at a new bank as a contractor back in May, and I didn't do all the First Advantage stuff until I had been there a couple of weeks.

The agent had done the bare bones stuff before I joined.

Edit - Just checked and the First Advanatage checks were done after i had been there 6 weeks.
                    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 14 December 2010, 14:01. Reason: More info
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X