• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PI insurance company Recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Alliance insurance

Also look at Contractor Alliance's insurance Contractor Alliance - Part of the Contractor UK Network

It's Caunce O'Hara's insurance but with 20% off - membership of Contractor Alliance is £25 a year, so well worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Contractor UK View Post
      Also look at Contractor Alliance's insurance Contractor Alliance - Part of the Contractor UK Network

It's Caunce O'Hara's insurance but with 20% off - membership of Contractor Alliance is £25 a year, so well worth a look.
      Come on admin!! Pull yer finger out. The OP's insurance ran out over a month ago
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Newby View Post
        I use this lot - been good to me - quote online and you can throw in IR35 reviews by B&C if you want.

Get a quick quote from commercial insurance broker Caunce O
        £250? I went with Caunce O Hara and it cost me £758 WTF, thought they were supposed to be competitive!

The PI part was £546, why so expensive?
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Come on admin!! Pull yer finger out. The OP's insurance ran out over a month ago
          Fair comment Missed this initially and the icons have now gone from the top of the page (which included insurance) so thought better add a link for anyone else searching later! Must Try Harder!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
            £250? I went with Caunce O Hara and it cost me £758 WTF, thought they were supposed to be competitive!

The PI part was £546, why so expensive?
            Hi Scrag,

PI is rated dependent on the level of cover you take and your annual turnover. The premiums can vary greatly, and start from £165.00. If you would like to clarify any details in particular, then it may be an idea to speak to Contractor UK to ensure you have the right cover and are paying the right amount.

Comment

I use Caunce O'Hara. I probably could get it a bit cheaper elsewhere, but they are the only company I've ever heard of (albeit anecdotally and third-hand) actually paying out on a claim.

Comment

You can get £100 quidco cashback with MoreThan!

Quidco
                Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Working...
                X