• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    Cater Allen easy website and always on the end of the phone, never had an issue getting through, the only drawback unless you have a massive warchest interest is nil
    Even with a massive warchest, the interest is pitiful.

I'm with Cater Allen, no complaints (or fees) here.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
      As someone who tried to open a "free" Abbey account, and after almost 5 weeks with no bank account while they messed about, I would avoid them like the plague. Strangely enough I then contacted Natwest who instantly opened an account (under 24 hours) and were super efficient. Be very very careful. Free is only any good if it actually works, or you actually get it.

If you search Santander or Abbey complaints in Google, you will see what I mean.
      yup whilst they are great for my mortgage they cocked up a new bank account royally - I ended up complaining and getting £50 back but I would not believe the hype the santander sales bod gives you
      sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

HSBC have served me well but they do insist on charging if you want monthly paper statements which I thought was a bit of a cheek.

Also came in handy when trying to get a mortgage with First Direct. The advisor was able to have a sneak at my business account, saw there was plenty of dosh going in and approved the mortgae there and then.
        Saved a lot of hassle of providing 3 years accounts etc.

They also fobbed me off with a charge card, free for first year, but £25 there after when they could have told me to just apply for a debit card.

So, in summary a couple of problems but on the whole very satisfied.

Comment

Again Cater Allen, never had a problem.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by bellymonster View Post
            HSBC have served me well but they do insist on charging if you want monthly paper statements which I thought was a bit of a cheek.
            Why do you want monthly paper statements?

You can just download the online ones if you want to check your account monthly, and then file the paper ones away when you get them in the post.

My life is over run with bl**dy paper. Every time I shred a load I find more I have to shred and I had to buy an industrial shredder to deal with it.

QUOTE=bellymonster;1250073]
            They also fobbed me off with a charge card, free for first year, but £25 there after when they could have told me to just apply for a debit card.
            [/quote]
            Had no problem getting a debit card. At the moment having a problem with getting a new CC out of them but will be sorted out soon.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Another vote for Cater Allen...no probs in 6 years
              Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
                Another vote for Cater Allen...no probs in 6 years
                WHS......as long as you've got five grand, no charges.

I have personal and business with them. Good t'interweb banking and exceptionally good phone service too.

Only drawback, as someone else stated, is their F.P. sucks.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  WHS......as long as you've got five grand, no charges.

I have personal and business with them. Good t'interweb banking and exceptionally good phone service too.

Only drawback, as someone else stated, is their F.P. sucks.
                  My account with Cater Allen was at 0.00 for nearly 2 years - and they still didn't charge. And everyone I've spoken to seems quite switched on. Not a Bob Shawadiwadi in earshot!

Comment

Are Cater Allen fee-free again?

I was with them about 7 years ago when they were independent, and they were fee-free then. But then they were taken over by Abbey National and within months the interest rate structure had been overhauled in a downward direction and a monthly flat fee had been introduced.
                    Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Cater Allen

Excellent Service - Before they had Web interface, Still Excellent Service Now - 10 years.......

Comment

Working...
                      X