• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payment issue - advice welcome.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment issue - advice welcome.

Just been offered a gig near to home - about time, to get off this bloody bench, arse full of splinters.

One thing did concern me in discussions with the agent before paperwork dealt with.

The agency usually provide umbrella companies for contractors - I've my own limited company. My contract will obviously be with the agency. The agent has been informed by the account manager that the end client would be paying me directly. That's something that I've never encountered before when contracting - except in one exceptional circumstance when the agency went into liquidation.

So, is this something I should be worried about? Or am I just a worry-wart? Main concern would be if the case was made that being paid directly would add weight to a view I was a disguised employee.

Please feel free to tell me I'm stupid and worrying over nothing.

EDIT: Update from agency, agent made a mistake - a company sit in between agency and client, providing a managed service, it's them who will be paying. Silly agent... so I'm not going to worry, just going to relish being off the damn bench. Only downside is the contract duration means my SC clearance will lapse, but not a biggee.
    Last edited by perplexed; 6 April 2011, 09:29.

Working...
X