• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

interview fixed but no client name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let's hope it's not an agency interview

..that would be a waste of time

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      If you've got the address it should be a matter of a few minutes Googling to get the client name.
      Exactly. If the interview actually exists and is with a client, working out who they are may be part of some initiative test
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

apparently, the client was genuine, job totally unrelated straight away from the first interview question. I have heard that agencies send across a poor match deliberately to get more info about the interviewer and the questions asked; and then send across a correct match.Understandbly, i was the scapegoat here...:-(

Comment

Originally posted by Sid View Post
          Understandbly, i was the scapegoat here...:-(
          Stalking horse, rather.
          I have been in that situation before, so you have my sympathy (as well as my pedantry!)
          tl

Comment

Originally posted by Sid View Post
            apparently, the client was genuine, job totally unrelated straight away from the first interview question. I have heard that agencies send across a poor match deliberately to get more info about the interviewer and the questions asked; and then send across a correct match.Understandbly, i was the scapegoat here...:-(
            Have you found out who the client is?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Have you found out who the client is?
              And what on earth was the client doing seeing you? Surely they must have known you weren't related to the role from your CV?!?!?!
              "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
              SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
                And what on earth was the client doing seeing you? Surely they must have known you weren't related to the role from your CV?!?!?!
                The client interviewed me directly....I don't know why they called me in the first place. Do agents "amend" CVs before sending it to clients?

Comment

yep

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...t-ask-see.html

Comment

Bizarre, why do they waste people's time like this? Name and shame, I say.

If the interview was badly misrepresented then I would terminate it and turn it into a fact finding mission to understand why on earth the agent put you forward. ie, can I see the copy of my CV that you were given and why do you think they have sent me here to waste your time (and mine, just quietly)? Make sure the agency get a black mark against them.
                    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                      If you've got the address it should be a matter of a few minutes Googling to get the client name.
                      then phone the agent back and say you'll have to duck out of the interview as you have another lined up, when he asks who say the clients name and let the sparks fly, when he asks which agency has put you forward say 'i'm sorry I can't tell you that and had I known who the client was I would have stopped them'

if there is a client that is...
                      sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Working...
                      X