• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds in Wythenshawe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyds in Wythenshawe

Anyone doing/done Lloyds in Wythenshawe... are the projects and people as depressing as the building looks?

I didnt even know they had a centre there....
    Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 17 May 2011, 15:39.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      I didnt even know they a centre there....
      hopefully they do... cos I've applied for a gig there!

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post
        hopefully they do... cos I've applied for a gig there!
        useful info for the future, hopefully...

Comment

Heh, I know that building well.
          There's a nice crowd there. The projects will be mind-numbing and likely to involve off-shore liaison, but the people are generally alright. Do not, I repeat, do NOT loiter anywhere near the adjacent 'shopping centre', especially holding a laptop bag, it's a known crime hotspot. Also - I burnt my mouth with one of those evil apple strudel desserts at Maccy D's across the road.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            Do not, I repeat, do NOT loiter anywhere near the adjacent 'shopping centre', especially holding a laptop bag, it's a known crime hotspot.
            I'll second that !! I did a gig at Shell in Wythenshawe a few years ago and can vouch for the amount of 'Yoovs' that hang around there.

Comment

Excellent news... appreciate the heads up.

Thats the next hour filled by looking on autotrader for a new banger to park around there.

And, if it's full of scallys around there, that must mean theres a Gregs nearby... bonus

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post
                Excellent news... appreciate the heads up.

Thats the next hour filled by looking on autotrader for a new banger to park around there.
                The main car park in the town is pretty secure though so wouldn't look for that banger yet.

They have electronic locks on each entrance so no scallys can get in. When I was at Shell, I used to park yo £25K Skyline GTR there with no issues - and that's probably a joyriders dream

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
                  When I was at Shell, I used to park yo £25K Skyline GTR there
                  Was your daily rate paid in oil?

Comment

There at the moment, and enjoy it, though it has its moments

2 Week I was here someone walked into the police station accross the road with a hand grenade.

6 months later, I was walking past the local watering hole, when a bin wagon pulled up outside, all the bin men jumped out and proceded to lay into a bloke who was standing outside the pub.

Not only is there a Gregs, but a KFC, McD's, Chippy - ASBO Central...

There is also a great Lebanese in Cheadle, which is a good Friday lunch gig.

What building will you be based in? If in Brotherton, and you get in early you can park in the building cark park, but there are only 20 available for contractors, and they go quick.

What team will you be joining? (I am in EAD)
                    Last edited by portseven; 18 May 2011, 11:17.
                    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
                    X