• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Email from a company called "Better Careers"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email from a company called "Better Careers"

Just received an email into an account of mine which I only dish out on jobsite. Has anyone dealt with this outfit before?

Dear

I hope this finds you well.

Would you be interested in “Head of Programme Management Office - FTSE100 Financial - £90k” role available on BetterCareers? Please see the details below:

Salary: £ 90,000 Annual

For more details please follow the link below:

//bettercareers.co.u k

After having a look at the job details, if you feel that you posses the right skills & experience required for the role, please apply online using the same link. Hiring Manager/Consultant will contact you directly if you are shortlisted But if you are busy, just send me your updated CV. I’ll be glad to do it myself for you.

Best regards,

Fahad
    Better Careers UK
    Tel:
    <mod snip>

*Please allow a few days for the screening process. If you don’t hear from the advertiser in 1 week then perhaps your application was not successful.

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
    Just received an email into an account of mine which I only dish out on jobsite. Has anyone dealt with this outfit before?

Dear

Would you be interested in “Head of Programme Management Office - FTSE100 Financial - £90k” role available on BetterCareers? Please see the details below:

Salary: £ 90,000 Annual

/bettercareers.co.u k

After having a look at the job details, if you feel that you posses the right skills & experience required for the role, please apply online using the same link. Hiring Manager/Consultant will contact you directly if you are shortlisted But if you are busy, just send me your updated CV. I’ll be glad to do it myself for you.

Best regards,

Fahad
    Better Careers UK
    Tel:
    <mod snip>

*Please allow a few days for the screening process. If you don’t hear from the advertiser in 1 week then perhaps your application was not successful.
    The address is a random property in Sheffield with several companies registered at it, I'd file it in the bin and walk away
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

So who are these guys and what are they up to?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
        So who are these guys and what are they up to?!?!
        Don't know who they are but can guess they are trying to separate a fool and their money.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Don't know who they are but can guess they are trying to separate a fool and their money.
          Did someone call??
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Did someone call??
            No, unfortunately, as I would have sounded them out - they don't show up on Companies House, and their address is some random terraced property opposite a football ground. They do have a website, which looks far more professional than their emails (font size change/colour all very tacky)

Bunch of gimps

Comment

I sent them an email asking for the name of the Director and confirmation of the company's registered address. This is their reply...

Dear xxxxxxxx,

Thanks for emailing. I am afraid I don’t have any idea abut your questions. The best person to answer your questions will be the consultant at Capita Resourcing who advertised this position. If you apply online then your details will go directly to the consultant. who can then contact you to take the process forward. You can use the same link I sent you in my previous email. But if you are busy just send me your CV, I'll be glad to do it for you.

Best wishes for you and your family.

Take care,
              Fahad

Comment

From my time on contract in Sheffield I recall Shoreham rd is near Bramhall Lane, home of Sheffield united and a street of kebab shops and gold dealers.

Theres a Waitrose at the end tho I think!!

As we Russians say, verony Moskvichkiy.....

Comment

Had a similar e-mail offering a position and requesting I send my details.

Too many irregularities for this to be genuine, the office is registered in Sheffield, yet the website was registered in Pakistan by Manz Resource Private Limited, there is no office on Shoreham Street, there is no information on Companies House relating to this company, the phone number provided on the e-mail is 020 code which I believe to be London yet Sheffield is 0114, despite claiming over 13,000 jobs these all seem to be siphoned from legitimate job sites, their featured companies are small independant firms, potentially linked directly with them, they prefer e-mail only contact instead of phone contact which is obviously much more informative when dealing with potential job candidates, the privacy policy is a mess of text and code. The terms of use cites Indian and foreign copyright, again none of these are registered and unusual to be registered in India when the registered office is in the UK and the website is in pakistan.

And surprisingly their reluctance to provide any information on the company registration and details on any affiliations with any recruitment official bodies, e.g REC.

So in summary I wouldn't touch these with a preverbial barge pole. Appears to be a semi-competant phishing scam.

Comment

I got one too...

I rec'd this today.... and my replies are below...

email 1
                    Dear XXXXXX

Would you be interested in “Office Administrator / Purchasing Assistant” role available on BetterCareers? Please see the details below:

Salary: £30,000 Annual

<mod snip>

Best regards,
                    Fahad

needless to say i've told him i know what he's up too, i doubt i will here from him...

Comment

Working...
                    X