• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A few contractor newbie question re tax and IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You really don't have a clue do you.

Have you tried using the search functionality on this board? Have you read the Guides under CUK Navigation?

BTW oscarose & TheFaQQer were just pointing out some inconsistencies in your very long winded posts. People on this board aren't here to hold your hand.
    Sorry SueEllen, I'm pretty damn new to all of this, and you say I "really don't have a clue do you" is not helpful whatsoever. And you quoted me saying that I spoke to all the accountancy firms on the phone. This is EXACTLY what a number of repliers suggested to do!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geez! Get off of my case.

And I don't know how you can say oscarose and TheFaQQer "were just pointing out some inconsistencies" in my posts. I don't know how saying picking up a £30 suit from Sainsbury's and that my mum can repair any buttons that fall off is constructive or pointing anything inconsistent out, and I don't know what "15" means, and if you or TheFaQQer thinks that a software developer cannot be a VP permie in banking, then it's quite clear you two "don't have a clue".

Geez, leave this thread alone and let the others who have been much more helpful reply while you go and vent your life frustrations elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo View Post
      Sorry SueEllen, I'm pretty damn new to all of this, and you say I "really don't have a clue do you" is not helpful whatsoever. And you quoted me saying that I spoke to all the accountancy firms on the phone. This is EXACTLY what a number of repliers suggested to do!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geez! Get off of my case.

And I don't know how you can say oscarose and TheFaQQer "were just pointing out some inconsistencies" in my posts. I don't know how saying picking up a £30 suit from Sainsbury's and that my mum can repair any buttons that fall off is constructive or pointing anything inconsistent out, and I don't know what "15" means, and if you or TheFaQQer thinks that a software developer cannot be a VP permie in banking, then it's quite clear you two "don't have a clue".

Geez, leave this thread alone and let the others who have been much more helpful reply while you go and vent your life frustrations elsewhere.
      You have remember there are plenty of guides here and ultimately it is your responsibility to find this information out. We get more than enough posts from people who don't want to help themselves and do some research. We get a bit tired of trying to help people that won't help themselves or keep asking questions without researching anything.

15 is a game we play where we guess how long before a poster gets banned.

Software developing does not give you the skills to be a VP. One requires good techinical knowledge, the other is a business/strategy role. The skills are not interchangeable. By thinking you can swap between the two leads other posts to think you have your head in the clouds and we are wasting time advising you. If you cannot do basic research on how to run a one man band you will not have the skills to run a large blue chip bank.

You have had plenty of feedback. Time for you to step up to the mark and do some research. Don't go off on one on people who are giving you feedback for free.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Comment

And just to add to SueEllen's defence - you were told the same thing by several of us but kept asking the same question - that's quite irritating
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            15 is a game we play where we guess how long before a poster gets banned.
            Glad someone jumped in to explain that. I was confused.
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

You'll get used to it mate....
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

northernladuk, I'm not going "off on one on people who are giving you feedback for free", just SueEllen who decided to throw the gauntlet down.

But, with all due respect northernladuk, I would not presume to make assumptions about my skillset as I have not presented my CV on here at all. I have quite a few years experience in banking and I think you are slightly uninformed as to what VP permie means when it comes to being a software developer. I have run a number of large projects already, but I certainly have no intention to explain myself much further than that publicly on here or justify my career. I am happy to take this offline with you, though, if you so desire?

That said, you have been very helpful so far as to the contracting side of things, which, admittedly, I have little knowledge about and I am trying to quickly ascertain information through various means including reading (which I have been doing evidenced by the references I have thus far given) and also asking, and spending a considerable amount of time on the phone to accountants which I have certainly conveyed on here.

This forum came on recommendation, but despite the slight cliquishness I am noticing with the game you play on new members, I'll persevere and hopefully continue to find it as helpful as it has been so far without certain members feeling the need to flame the new guys, a habit that normally exists on more childish forums.

Comment

northernladuk, I'm not going "off on one on people who are giving you feedback for free", just SueEllen who decided to throw the gauntlet down.
                  I know. Great isn't she!!

But, with all due respect northernladuk, I would not presume to make assumptions about my skillset as I have not presented my CV on here at all. I have quite a few years experience in banking and I think you are slightly uninformed as to what VP permie means when it comes to being a software developer. I have run a number of large projects already, but I certainly have no intention to explain myself much further than that publicly on here or justify my career. I am happy to take this offline with you, though, if you so desire?
                  You gotta be kidding? You don't like SE's tone and you want to speak to me? LOL... You might also have confused me with someone that GAS.

This forum came on recommendation, but despite the slight cliquishness I am noticing with the game you play on new members, I'll persevere and hopefully continue to find it as helpful as it has been so far without certain members feeling the need to flame the new guys, a habit that normally exists on more childish forums.
                  Hmm not the best start but it's our little way of testing the new members. Find out if you got enough backbone to play with the big boys or will just flounce. You will find we are very helpful and friendly to people willing to put a bit of thought and effort in. Hang around a bit and see how other new posters come in, there are some right idiots. They spoil it for those who genuinely want to learn. Bit of stick sorts the wheat from the chaff.

We never got to ask you if you like gladiators and your radiator bleeding skills either.

Comment

BTW, if you are unhappy with our responses you could try the 'General' forum. Won't get people picking up on your 'inconsistencies' there I am sure.

Comment

That said, you have been very helpful so far as to the contracting side of things, which, admittedly, I have little knowledge about and I am trying to quickly ascertain information through various means including reading (which I have been doing evidenced by the references I have thus far given) and also asking, and spending a considerable amount of time on the phone to accountants which I have certainly conveyed on here.

Are there more childish forums???
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X