• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Offshoring myself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think, although this sounds like a terrible statement, the number one thing most people come away from India with is the thoughts that you have voiced.

Most people have an undeniable belief that India was a lot better under English rule - everything that's semi working, or of any benefit to the general populace appears to have been instilled with the commonwealth and left to rot ever since.

I love Gandhi, but I think he'd be very dissapointed with the direction the country is going in. Having said that, when there's an open Visa to the UK and cheap airlines - why bother?

Hope this doesn't upset anyone - just my 2 cents.

Regarding Singapore, for me it was a little "too" righteous - apart from the Durain and Chewing gum laws

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
      I think, although this sounds like a terrible statement, the number one thing most people come away from India with is the thoughts that you have voiced.

Most people have an undeniable belief that India was a lot better under English rule - everything that's semi working, or of any benefit to the general populace appears to have been instilled with the commonwealth and left to rot ever since.

I love Gandhi, but I think he'd be very dissapointed with the direction the country is going in. Having said that, when there's an open Visa to the UK and cheap airlines - why bother?

Hope this doesn't upset anyone - just my 2 cents.

Regarding Singapore, for me it was a little "too" righteous - apart from the Durain and Chewing gum laws
      Well when you consider that the trains and tracks haven't been maintained at all since the British left, and neither have the roads as far as I can tell, I think it's just a statement of fact. There is no way that a country like India, where nothing is maintained or built properly, can suddenly magically start producing something as complex as working software applications. No way.

As for Singapore - work hard in a boring environment, then jump on a plane and a few hours away is the madness of Thailand and other fun destinations. It's big drawcard is the location (and the tidyness :-)

Comment

Working...
      X