• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Silence after interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silence after interview

Is it just me or does anyone else get really annoyed when you lose money going to an interview and the agency refuses to chase the client for a response?

/whinge

Silence after interview

Not me, part of the bidding costs we as enterprises incurr

Comment

That's business. Just have to re-adjust your thinking to the way it works and it becomes water off a ducks back. Silence = no so just carry on. If you expect no feedback you have the feedback you need if that makes sense.

If you expect agents to do this and that you are going to be sorely disappointed for most of your contracting career and I can't see why you would continue to beat yourself up over the difference between what you think is right and what the defacto standard is.

NOTE : Permies can suffer the same losses as well so it isn't really just a contractor whinge.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Good points, well made. Thanks chaps. I shall henceforth dry mine eyes.

Comment

Actually no.

End of last year I went to the Bank of England for a tda role.
          They wouldn't start with a telephone interview so I lost 500 for a day off + another 200 in train fairs. I got to the interview on time but and they managed to be 15 minutes late to their own appointment. Then after the interview they just blanked me and the agent. Sorry that's just unprofessional.

I always give people feedback when I interview them. It's a simple matter of manners.

Comment

It is a pain but it is a fact of life.

Agents are usually interested if they can make money from placing you.

Clients so you as a disposable resource.

Is it right - no and it can be viewed as bad manners / unprofessional but neither will it stop it happening.

Comment

I used to get annoyed, but it really isn't worth it. Some agents and clients do give feedback but are in the minority.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                I used to get annoyed, but it really isn't worth it. Some agents and clients do give feedback but are in the minority.
                WZS!
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Re: Silence after interview

During,

RFPs/bids that I've been involved with, unsuccessful parties are always informed and usually told why.

Either:
                  A. it's treated like a permie interview and feedback is expected (and polite)
                  B. It's treated as a business bid and feedback is expected (and professional)

I'd expect feedback for those reasons.

Sent from some snazzy device that you wish you had...
                  B00med!

Comment

I've contracted in nearly a dozen countries.

This behavior is something I consider extremely rude and unprofessional. Have not witnessed this ANYWHERE but in the UK.

That said, you need to adjust and accept it to be just part of the ( UK ) contracting scene.

Comment

Working...
                    X