• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

wanted: Data Analyst

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    The risk with that approach is what happens if they used their last piece of luck staying out of the bin.
    Or if you're the unlucky one and you've just dumped the best CVs

Comment

Or the fact that the lucky ones were the ones he dumped in the bin?
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        Or the fact that the lucky ones were the ones he dumped in the bin?
        LOL. Been a couple of times I wish that had been my CV!

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
          £400 is a fair rate for where it is and the type of person required.

Whilst Access and Excel are the only technical skills, pro-active problem solving, organisation skills and common sense are key. I've interviewed people for this role before about 6 months ago and the agencies couldn't come up with anyone.

Just clearing it all with client co at the mo.
          Rough chance of someone (doing pretty well in the remaining two months) getting extended???

Comment

Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
            Rough chance of someone (doing pretty well in the remaining two months) getting extended???
            Absolutely (or at least there would have been)..........but there's a problem...a big problem actually.

They've decided they'd like to outsource it to IBM and plan to get someone in within a fortnight for me to handover to.

Apologies to those who contacted me, I genuinely thought they'd continue to staff it with a contractor or two. Outsourcing to IBM is a terrible idea but the decision has been made to pay 50% more for half the service and now I need to smile and invoice.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
              Apologies to those who contacted me, I genuinely thought they'd continue to staff it with a contractor or two. Outsourcing to IBM is a terrible idea but the decision has been made to pay 50% more for half the service and now I need to smile and invoice.
              Well that's a shame. Agree RE service vs cost ratio, and that's on a good day for IBM!

Comment

Working...
              X