• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best quote from an Agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best quote from an Agency

"Trust me we already work with a very minimal margin not like other agencies"

I think they deserve our full support for cutting their margins to the minimum and passing the better rates on to us.

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
    "Trust me we already work with a very minimal margin not like other agencies"

I think they deserve our full support for cutting their margins to the minimum and passing the better rates on to us.
    Mutually exclusive statements?

Actually, I think there is an algebraic formula for this:

Agency + 'very minimal margin' <> 'Trust me'
    Last edited by kevpuk; 14 June 2013, 13:08.
    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

best quote from pimp

That was an opt out version yes. No-one had an opt in version as we’ve never apparently had anyone opt in! With opt out I understand it means you’re accountable for all your taxes etc, we pay you the gross amount and that’s it. I expect you’ll know this with your limited company etc, but I’ll persevere to find you an opt-in version.

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
        Mutually exclusive statements?

Actually, I think there is an algebraic formula for this:

Agency <> 'Trust me'

FTFY
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

What is the lowest rate you are prepared to accept? Obviously I will try to get you as high a rate as possible.

Comment

No other contractor gets their contracts reviewed. Believe me I've dealt with hundreds of contractors and none of them have our contract reviewed they just sign it.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

A certain agency asked if I'd opt in or out of AWR by email as part of the application process.

I called them and asked if not opting out was a deal-breaker. They said no.

I interviewed and barring a disaster I've got the gig and not opted out.

Is this a record?

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                A certain agency asked if I'd opt in or out of AWR by email as part of the application process.

I called them and asked if not opting out was a deal-breaker. They said no.

I interviewed and barring a disaster I've got the gig and not opted out.

Is this a record?
                Now ask them how to opt out of the AWR...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

As an aside, I was just reading how Wetherspoons were using an agent to get freehold leases on premises. Turned out he was getting his mates to buy the freehold and then leasing to them. They recovered over £10M from people implicated in the deals.

Of course job agencies always have your interests at heart.

Comment

Working...
                  X