• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice on new Contract & Agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on new Contract & Agency

Hi All

I am about to dive into the world of contracting for the first time. I have chosen to take the limited com route.

My question is to all the agency which I am using is acting fishy to my liking...I start on the 5th of August however I was told my contract will be drawn up today which they have however the agency has said it is been sent across to the accountancy service which I am using which was recommended by therm,,,,,now I am a bit baffled as to how it is proceeded from here.

Can the accountancy service which I am using sign the contract on my behalf? that is what the agency has said me.

Can anyone shed any light....

any advice/guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Muj

Originally posted by mujrahman View Post
    My question is to all the agency which I am using is acting fishy to my liking...I start on the 5th of August however I was told my contract will be drawn up today which they have however the agency has said it is been sent across to the accountancy service which I am using which was recommended by therm,,,,,now I am a bit baffled as to how it is proceeded from here.

Can the accountancy service which I am using sign the contract on my behalf? that is what the agency has said me.
    Sounds all wrong to me too.

Have you formed a LTD company yet? Are you the director and sole shareholder? This is not one of these dodgy payment schemes or an umbrella, is it?

Be aware that the accountant works for you not the agency go get straight on the phone to them and ask if they have the contract. If so, request a copy to be emailed to you immediately and ask them why the agency sent it to them rather than you.

I would also be very wary of any agency that recommends professional services to me.... How much are you paying for the accountant?
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
    X