• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hot vacancy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
    If they get enough genuine and provable rejections from suitable candidates, or even prove that they've advertised well enough to a target audience, who don't want to do the work then that seriously helps their case for a visa for their latest poor Indian sap. The poor sap who thinks they'll genuinely employ him long enough in the UK, on well under minimum wage after paying his tied accommodation, for him to get residency.
    Indeed, £300 a day is just about do-able in the Midlands or North but this role was in Central London...

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
      I can trump that one Just been sent this gem of a role - £200 a day for an 'expert Java dev' (With the usual array of DB and Web skills) in Central London. Its from those jokers at Computer Futures so I imagine the end client are probably ponying up £400 a day to the pimp

"Hope you're well. I am currently working with one of London's top University's who are looking for an experienced Java Developer to start ASAP. The successful candidate's job purpose will be to
      build, validate and maintain databases to support clinical trials and other research activities. This is an initial 3 month contract which will extend that is paying around the £200 a day mark. Interviews will be next week.

Key Skills
      -Expert JAVA programming
      -Experience of designing, building and maintaining databases such as Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL and Access
      -Experience of using Oracle PLSQL
      -Proficient in Tomcat, Ajax, PHP

If interested and available in the coming weeks please respond with an up to date CV or get in touch to discuss further."

Think I'll give this one a miss for some reason...
      "University's" -- universities, m'thinks!

Comment

Today's classic

£300.00 - £400.00 per day
        Contract3 months Employment Business: Spring Technology
        Ref: JS-318660-A Posted: 02/10/2013 15:40:07

Day rate: £250 -£300 potential flexibility Contract Length: 3 month You will join an established team working on SDLC and release management You will have consistent .NET development exposure working with ASP.NET We would like someone with TFS 2010 Exposure. (see below) Spring Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Spring Technology is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.... [read more]
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Another classic but may I draw your particular attention to the bits in Bold which really add to the offer.

Hi

I am working with an NHS trust based in Yorkshire who are looking to recruit for a Datawarehouse Consultant on a 12 month contract.

My client is looking for someone with good skills in SQL and SSRS and SSIS ideally whilst knowledge of T-SQL and Stored Procedures is essential. Candidates should also be familiar with Mental Health Data ideally along with Lorenzo 1.9. Managerial experience would also be ideal.

This is a 12 month contract and the budget is a fixed £175 and this will be on the basis of a 4 day working week though the client may accommodate a potentially a day’s remote working. Do send me through your CV if you feel you would be suitable and are interested.

Best regards
          Strangely enough I haven't applied.

Comment

If you go to the beginning of this thread, that's the same job advert, just re-written in a worse way with less detail.
            Guess nobody is taking it up. Might put a winning bid for my new subby (my Nan). See if she fancies a stint in London as a DBA (a what?! , yes Nan, d-a-t-a b-a-s-e)...
            £200 a day is great if you're getting a pension as well.
            Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Originally posted by darrylmg View Post
              If you go to the beginning of this thread, that's the same job advert, just re-written in a worse way with less detail.
              Guess nobody is taking it up. Might put a winning bid for my new subby (my Nan). See if she fancies a stint in London as a DBA (a what?! , yes Nan, d-a-t-a b-a-s-e)...
              £200 a day is great if you're getting a pension as well.
              I am sure even recruitment agents must be embarrassed at advertising jobs with such crummy rates like these... oh hang on... that means that those pimps have a moral spectrum

Comment

Just as a small aside, look at salaries paid in the NHS - where I am currently working, physiotherapists start on £26,000 pa after top A levels, a 4 year course and constant CPD required. It's a highly technical job. Unless they move into management they never go above about £32k. Did anyone watch the midwife prog last night? 13 hour shifts where they never stop, huge responsibility and stress. Dont know what they get but it will be well under £30k. £200 a day may be chicken feed to you and I m sure the job requires a lot of experience, but it's hardly slave labour.

Comment

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
                  Just as a small aside, look at salaries paid in the NHS - where I am currently working, physiotherapists start on £26,000 pa after top A levels, a 4 year course and constant CPD required. It's a highly technical job. Unless they move into management they never go above about £32k. Did anyone watch the midwife prog last night? 13 hour shifts where they never stop, huge responsibility and stress. Dont know what they get but it will be well under £30k. £200 a day may be chicken feed to you and I m sure the job requires a lot of experience, but it's hardly slave labour.
                  The thing is that the job is neither a business as usual role or a properly paid development (Hardly surprising as I've seen that trust wastes £100,000s on ill thought out systems over the years).

What they really need to is bring someone in for 3 months to create a finished set of reports and then someone on £15,000 a year to run them....

Comment

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
                    Comparing apples to oranges there methinks... a nurse and IT consultant are very different, if you want to compare salaries how much are the management on?

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
                      Comparing apples to oranges there methinks... a nurse and IT consultant are very different, if you want to compare salaries how much are the management on?
                      Midwife starts outside London on £21k. A manager would be on £30 to £40k.

A midwife consultant would be on £40k to £67k.

Comment

Working...
                      X