• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I correct to say that contract situation in Sep 2013 is really bad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to be picking up for me this week a lot of calls an 1 offer on the table, potentially a second one on its way

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      You weren't trying. Last one of those rang me back to rant down the phone a day later. I think the paid for comment on his facebook page that his scam had resulted in the suicide of a person I linked to didn't go down well with his parents....

Yes I can be that much of a ba***rd
      Impressive!
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        Dead this week and last. Only just starting to look at roles and start applying. Ignoring nearly all of the roles so far due to either rate or the wrong role. I think I have made 2 applications in the last 2 weeks......

Can all suddenly change though...
        Are you still at Radbroke? I nearly returned twice last year but was scuppered due to two separate idiotic reasons. On this year's rounds I've not even had an interview!

Don't remember p*****g anyone off in 2011 when I was last there though the project we were working on was less than popular
        Permietractor (probably)

Comment

Am I correct to say that contract situation in Sep 2013 is really bad?
          Bearing in mind the OP posted this in October he would be incorrect in saying that. What he should have said is that the contract situation in Sep WAS really bad

I thankew
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mephisto View Post
            Are you still at Radbroke? I nearly returned twice last year but was scuppered due to two separate idiotic reasons. On this year's rounds I've not even had an interview!

Don't remember p*****g anyone off in 2011 when I was last there though the project we were working on was less than popular
            Left there for a really dingy place for 4 months (which I had not issues cutting my ties off with) and then came back for another tour of duty.... Been here over a year and have a few weeks left on contract

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Bearing in mind the OP posted this in October he would be incorrect in saying that. What he should have said is that the contract situation in Sep WAS really bad

I thankew
              He'd still be wrong though

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                Left there for a really dingy place for 4 months (which I had not issues cutting my ties off with) and then came back for another tour of duty.... Been here over a year and have a few weeks left on contract
                You fallen victim to the 24 month / 40% rule yet?

Comment

I get the sense that we are mostly surplus to requirements now, what with all the immigration and offshoring.

We are not wanted anymore; a generation (or two) on the scrapheap in favour of cheap foreign labour.

I wish we could establish separate enclaves, away from the older generations and their slaves, but I guess we're forced to continue living in this prison.

Comment

Originally posted by Supply and Command View Post
                    I get the sense that we are mostly surplus to requirements now, what with all the immigration and offshoring.

We are not wanted anymore; a generation (or two) on the scrapheap in favour of cheap foreign labour.

I wish we could establish separate enclaves, away from the older generations and their slaves, but I guess we're forced to continue living in this prison.
                    Didn't admin say we are allowed to use the winker icon in Prof forums where it is a valid comment?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Supply and Command View Post

Never read such utter nonsense in my life. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and blaming others.

Comment

Working...
                      X