• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need to get off the bench....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
    Are you being too precise on your CV? For example 80% plus of my experience is in one niche market but my CV to other areas says "Professional services" as type of industry. I even got one contract in the telecoms industry based on that because the agent thought it was relevant. If you say "20 years of programme management experience in the widget making industry" then the agencies will ignore you for everything else but if you say "20 years of programme management experience in the manufacturing industry" then that opens up many more doors. Even more generically you could simply say "20 years of programme management experience in FTSE 100/250 companies". You may miss niche roles that you're 100% qualified for but you'll be exposed to a market far greater in size.
    good point - I need to find a way of widening out the description of "airline and travel" industries!
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
      I don't need an overdraft from the company account, if I was in that stage I would really be in trouble as I would have spent the corporation tax money!
      Well quite. I meant after all your dues have been paid.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        Most of this I am doing, I get out every day, one of the main reasons it to pick something nice for dinner. Phone situation doesn't matter as I only have a mobile, no landline.

Not tried meditation yet!

Point 8 is very valid.

Doc said 8 week wait to see a Counsellor.
        Mate. If you need meds you need them. No biggie. They take 6-8 weeks to work in any case. Sometimes first one doesnt work either. Dont delay if doc thinks its right.

8 weeks for counsellor aint bad. Some parts of the country its like 6 months.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Mate. If you need meds you need them. No biggie. They take 6-8 weeks to work in any case. Sometimes first one doesnt work either. Dont delay if doc thinks its right.

8 weeks for counsellor aint bad. Some parts of the country its like 6 months.
          I've been on the happy pill for a few days now...
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

MPwdi - Have sent you a PM.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
              X