• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market's quiet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    You really want to lay off of the bulltulip
    FTFY
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Let's just say ClientCo wanted to impose direction and control. I can't have this so we parted company.
      FFS, all they wanted was you to dress smart/casual, not wear whatever you found in the dressing up box that morning.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        FFS, all they wanted was you to dress smart/casual, not wear whatever you found in the dressing up box that morning.

MyCo has a smart dress code at all times. Suit, tie, shoes. Even if ClientCo turn up in shell suits and flip flops.

I don't mind observing on site regulations to comply with health and safety, or industry best practices. That is just courtesy.

I don not do appraisals, fill out holiday requests, attend client social functions. When you enforce any of these, with no notice, or contracted clause to back it up I politely decline.

This time, the gun was put to my head and I let them pull the trigger.

HTH.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

MyCo has a smart dress code at all times. Suit, tie, shoes. Even if ClientCo turn up in shell suits and flip flops.

I don't mind observing on site regulations to comply with health and safety, or industry best practices. That is just courtesy.

I don not do appraisals, fill out holiday requests, attend client social functions. When you enforce any of these, with no notice, or contracted clause to back it up I politely decline.

This time, the gun was put to my head and I let them pull the trigger.

HTH.
          I fill out holiday requests if that is what companies use to track resources. Any sensible contractor would
          1) precede it with an email stating that resources are not available for the period
          2) state within the email that this document is provided for their internal systems to confirm the lack of availability over the period.....

As for appraisals I treat them as sales opportunities (which is what they are). That usually kills subsequent attempts...

Client social events are marketing. Attend, buy a round of drinks and ensure you expense it...
          Last edited by eek; 17 July 2014, 12:38.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Better lube up if HMRC come a knocking.

Sent from my iMinion using Tapatalk
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
            X