• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got a Boxster?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just get a proper car, instead!

Comment

Heading to Hastings last week I saw a BMW i8 on a test run...

Would definitely be looking at it if I had 911 cash at the moment...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        I have no idea.

I suspect the sort of girls that would date you because you have a Porsche are the sort you'll be crying about when they take you for every penny in a divorce two years down the line...
        I suspect you're right.
        Still, my intended defence against that is to not marry them in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          It'd probably be cheaper and more reliable just to pay the girls directly.
          That's cheating
          But seriously I don't think that would do my longer-term self esteem any good, despite any short-lived enjoyment derived from it.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Heading to Hastings last week I saw a BMW i8 on a test run...

Would definitely be looking at it if I had 911 cash at the moment...
            don't need 911 cash - ask about contract hire costs - you may be pleasantly surprised!
            World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              I suspect you're right.
              Still, my intended defence against that is to not marry them in the first place.
              I wouldn't mind if having a nice car helped me pick up a potential spouse. Having cash can be a sign of success. And being successful can be a positive sign regarding a person's nature.
              Women would be understandably attracted to that, and I see nothing wrong with it.

I.e. if I got a woman I liked, who noticed me because I had a flash car or nice house or whatever - I wouldn't necessarily take it as a signal that they didn't like me for who I am. In fact it could be viewed the opposite way.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Isn't the only reason you buy a Boxster is that you can't afford a proper Porsche?
                People who say this tend to be those who can't afford ANY Porsche.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  Just get a proper car, instead!
                  WHS - get something fun which makes you look like you've got personality

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                    I wouldn't mind if having a nice car helped me pick up a potential spouse. Having cash can be a sign of success. And being successful can be a positive sign regarding a person's nature.
                    Women would be understandably attracted to that, and I see nothing wrong with it.

I.e. if I got a woman I liked, who noticed me because I had a flash car or nice house or whatever - I wouldn't necessarily take it as a signal that they didn't like me for who I am. In fact it could be viewed the opposite way.
                    And do you look for the same in a partner?

If she's driving an expensive car, are you more likely to be attracted than if she's not?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      And do you look for the same in a partner?

If she's driving an expensive car, are you more likely to be attracted than if she's not?
                      If I were single, I'd be much less likely to shack up with a shop assistant or admin assistant. I'd be looking for someone who wants a career.

For a 'weekender' - I don't care what they do.

Of course those are generalisations.

A car wouldn't necessarily catch my attention - but I'm not suggesting that it should. Only that if it did it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X