• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wasting Police Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Because being Jehovahs Witnesses is really important isn't it.

Anyway luckily they're not Catholics as we all know they fiddle with their kids.
    I'm sure it is important to them. And I would hate to be in a position where my faith had a negative impact on my childs health.

Re the Catholic thing...
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      I'm sure it is important to them. And I would hate to be in a position where my faith had a negative impact on my childs health.

Re the Catholic thing...
      There is NO impact on his health from their religion.

You fell for the smears the hospital and police gave out about the family.

The kid had had his operation in July. The next stage was chemotherapy. The parents wanted the proton treatment instead.

The hospital doctors and NHS medical experts said it wouldn't benefit the kid. The dad did some investigation and felt otherwise.

The hospital in Prague has come out and said they offer the NHS a third reduction on the price of the treatment to any patients they send to them.

The parents have now said the point of taking him to Spain with the family was so he could have a holiday. Though I don't know why the parents didn't tell the hospital they were taking him away.

Then again other people have now come out and stated they have removed their sick children from one hospital and carted them to another like Great Ormond Street or in France without the doctors' permission.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Because being Jehovahs Witnesses is really important isn't it.
        It is certainly important enough for hospitals to routinely develop protocols, e.g. http://www.ruh.nhs.uk/about/policies...components.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          There is NO impact on his health from their religion.
          I meant in general not just this specific case. But cheers for the heavy handed, know it all, slap on the wrist.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I meant in general not just this specific case. But cheers for the heavy handed, know it all, slap on the wrist.
            SueEllen in omniscient so don't be so rude.

Comment

Yeah in general it would but they got pass this point with this little boy.

Funny thing was when I first heard they were in France and was he dying I thought they had gone to Lourdes. (The water tastes disgusting btw.)

Then they came out with the fact they were Jehovah Witnesses.

Comment

IMO, the news coverage is OTT. Let the kid have whatever treatment he's having, and leave the family alone. By all means a one liner to say how he's doing, but this minute by minute coverage with teams in Malaga and the Czech republic is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  IMO, the news coverage is OTT. Let the kid have whatever treatment he's having, and leave the family alone. By all means a one liner to say how he's doing, but this minute by minute coverage with teams in Malaga and the Czech republic is ridiculous.
                  How else are the the CPS, Hampshire police and council going to be shown as a bunch of tulips?

Comment

BBC News - Ashya King: Southampton hospital staff 'receive abuse'

While I feel the hospital did the wrong thing, sending abuse is very very wrong. I hope the trace all those concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      BBC News - Ashya King: Southampton hospital staff 'receive abuse'

While I feel the hospital did the wrong thing, sending abuse is very very wrong. I hope the trace all those concerned.
                      this jumped out :

and many other people working here were being questioned by patients or the public about this situation, sometimes in a very aggressive way."
                      my experience is frequently the NHS staff take this kind of tone so they may have set the level.

obviously unpleasant comments need punishing but a bit of robust questioning is a good thing.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X