• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much time do you spend hungover?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Far too practiced to get hangovers.

HTH
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Not been hungover since student days.
      just wait till you sober up , fringie, it will be one heck of a doozie
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Comment

Apparently we should spend a lot more time hungover.

A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims - News - Food + Drink - The Independent

Comment

thank fook for that....

I am sure I could find other studies saying completely the opposite but I am happy to ignore them!

Comment

Last time I heard it was a glass.

Though I didn't think it was the type of glasses I use.....

Oh and the units thing is made up like the 5 a day fruit and veg thing.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Is this you?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Always thought there was something Germanic about you:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Antonio Pinto who won the London marathon a few times and had the record for a while used to drink a bottle of red a day, he owned a vineyard I think.

Boozing when training is out the question I would say, for me anyway, not for the physical side, just can't be arsed when hungover.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      Far too practiced to get hangovers.

HTH
                      “He is a man of thirty-five, but looks fifty. He is bald, has varicose veins and wears spectacles, or would wear them if his only pair were not chronically lost. If things are normal with him, he will be suffering from malnutrition, but if he has recently had a lucky streak, he will be suffering from a hangover. At present it is half past eleven in the morning, and according to his schedule he should have started work two hours ago; but even if he had made any serious effort to start he would have been frustrated by the almost continuous ringing of the telephone bell, the yells of the baby, the rattle of an electric drill out in the street, and the heavy boots of his creditors clumping up the stairs. The most recent interruption was the arrival of the second post, which brought him two circulars and an income tax demand printed in red. Needless to say this person works in IT.”

To paraphrase George Orwell....or F. Scott Fitzgerald

Often people display a curious respect for a man drunk, rather like the respect of simple races for the insane... There is something awe-inspiring in one who has lost all inhibitions.
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X