• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Camera suggestion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    The camera that dropped in my tea was an ixus - was a nice camera. (Was a few years ago).
    I imagined you spilling tea on the camera rather than dropping the camera in the tea.

Flip me, your teacup must be the size of a chamberpot

I'd just buy the most expensive one of the compact cameras reviewed this year by Which magazine
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

You're a woman?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        I imagined you spilling tea on the camera rather than dropping the camera in the tea.

Flip me, your teacup must be the size of a chamberpot

I'd just buy the most expensive one of the compact cameras reviewed this year by Which magazine

It was quite spectacular - camera up on edge of cupboard next to my chair. Mug of tea on arm of chair. Was looking for a pen, knocked camera, and it landed with a clean plop directly in the mug of tea. Barely a drop spilt. Never bothered replacing it as haven't needed a camera up till now.

Have gone with Smallest Compact Digital Camera | Pink, White & Black | DSC-WX350 | Sony UK + spare battery.

Comment

I wish you hadn't posted that - Seriously tempted to buy one myself now!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

This ticked all the boxes for me:
            Panasonic TZ60/ZS40 review | Compact cameras Reviews | TechRadar

Compact, great lens, great zoom and some really smart photo modes to compensate for backlit scenes, night shots and all sorts.

I nearly got this one, has a great "selfie" flip screen. Kinda wish I had now because apart from better zoom, the one I got just offers additional complexity and modes (when not in fully auto mode)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ55EB-K Compact Digital Camera: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Comment

Galaxy Camera 2 + spare battery
              Decent snapper, and you can play Angry Birds etc. between snaps......
              latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                This ticked all the boxes for me:
                Panasonic TZ60/ZS40 review | Compact cameras Reviews | TechRadar

Compact, great lens, great zoom and some really smart photo modes to compensate for backlit scenes, night shots and all sorts.

I nearly got this one, has a great "selfie" flip screen. Kinda wish I had now because apart from better zoom, the one I got just offers additional complexity and modes (when not in fully auto mode)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ55EB-K Compact Digital Camera: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
                I have a Panasonic Lumix TZ30, couple of years old now, not sure what the up to date version is, had a TZ10 before that.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

It was quite spectacular - camera up on edge of cupboard next to my chair. Mug of tea on arm of chair. Was looking for a pen, knocked camera, and it landed with a clean plop directly in the mug of tea. Barely a drop spilt. Never bothered replacing it as haven't needed a camera up till now.

Have gone with Smallest Compact Digital Camera | Pink, White & Black | DSC-WX350 | Sony UK + spare battery.
                  lol I followed your link to have a look at the spec and now every freakin web page wants to sell me a pink one haha.

Comment

Working...
                  X