• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The most dangerous religion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Molyneux does some great videos, but the call in shows can be repetitive and a bit too prone to dramatics. His series on Rand is one of his best.

Comment

Originally posted by Cenobite View Post
      I'll give that some thought. When I picked up "Atlas Shrugged" from the library my heart sank when I saw what a tome it was. I probably got about a third of the way through.

I thought about getting the AS films but I don't think the last part is out yet. "The Fountainhead" is meant to be a classic film or is that junk too?

I listen to all of Stefan Molyneux's podcasts but don't donate. (Unfortunately I see it more as entertainment). Loved his recent one about Ebola.
      I've not seen that film, but I would guess that it's not total junk like the atlas shrugged films.
      The audiobook on youtube for AS that you find when googling it is decent (obviously it's the whole book word for word, but the American guy reading it has a very easy voice to listen to). It's been long enough to enjoy reading it again, but I might listen to the audiobook on the daily commute rather than invest all of that time again.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
        Molyneux does some great videos, but the call in shows can be repetitive and a bit too prone to dramatics. His series on Rand is one of his best.
        The trouble with the boards & some of the phone ins is that he deals with a lot of damaged people. And so if you consume those things, you deal with damaged people and people who almost hold him up as some kind of unquestionable messiah (because he's helped them so much).
        As it happens I agree with almost everything he says, but it's not fun to engage with people who recite his ideas by rote without the conscious understanding and reasoned acceptance you'd hope to find behind their commitment to supporting him.

The vids are generally good though. I like a lot of Adam Kokesh's content too, but his vids are so casual that you have to watch 2 hours to get 15 minutes of real content. I guess they're a good alternative to Jeremy Kyle for those that don't work

Comment

Working...
        X