Help needed about going contracting Help needed about going contracting
Posts 1 to 7 of 7

bignobbyfromupnorth

bignobbyfromupnorth

Default Help needed about going contracting

I'm thinking of going contracting, and a pal has warned me about IR635. Is there such a thing?

Trouble is, he's a bit of a bullsh1tter and says he knows nowt else about it, so I'm of a mind to ignore him but I just want to make sure.

By the way, I can 't find it in google - unless he means the German infantry regiment, but I'm not going to Germany.

Ta for any help.

Mordac

Mordac

Try "IR35".

You're not from Hull and living in Barnsley by any chance?

sasguru

sasguru

IR635 is the newbie contrcators nightmare. It consists of paying what we know as "Newbie tax". i.e. 50% of your income for the first year after tax effectively taxing at 65%.
    Barstards!. Dont forget IR234 either!

I would stay permie if I were you. You get that warm feeling from being protected in the company bosom.

Ivor bigun

Ivor bigun

Default Complain to your MP

I blame it on the water in Hull - Especially where it runs under the bridge - you know where the troll lives.

SupremeSpod

SupremeSpod

Default Re: Complain to your MP

I blame it on the water in Hull - Especially where it runs under the bridge - you know where the troll lives.
    Yup, that layby on the A63!

bignobbyfromupnorth

bignobbyfromupnorth

Thanks for the information. It'll be IR35 he was on about. Just one more question - is it all right to stick an electric toothbrush up your jacksey?

xoggoth

xoggoth

You can but the effect is very mild and really only for children and beginners. I would recommend the Kenwood 387S food mixer with meat shredding attachments. 0.3kW motor. A real man's Jacksie stirrer.