• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

self-catering flat centre of Edinburgh sleeps 4-5

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discounts for CUKers?

And any flexibility on the 3 night let for those of us who might only want to do a short weekend?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

To be honest I don't know. I was at a night out in Edinburgh a couple of months ago and had to stay in a hotel for the night, just a crash pad, stepped back from top of Leith walk, I think it was 50 quid, it was something like what homeless people sleep in.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        To be honest I don't know. I was at a night out in Edinburgh a couple of months ago and had to stay in a hotel for the night, just a crash pad, stepped back from top of Leith walk, I think it was 50 quid, it was something like what homeless people sleep in.
        An Ibis?
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          An Ibis?
          Worse.

Ill try and find it online.

Comment

Worse.

Etap?

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Discounts for CUKers?

And any flexibility on the 3 night let for those of us who might only want to do a short weekend?
              Discounts are offered but I leave that to my housekeeper to decide on an individual basis. I don't really make much profit on 2-night lets such is the cost of turning it around. But sometimes it's better to fill the calendar than leave it empty.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                How much would you pay per night? I think I might be undercharging and then-some. Sold almost 300 nights this year, excellent reviews. I now realise the travel lodge up the road almost charges the same for a double room.
                100 * 200 = 20,000

So you're just breaking even on something that's turning over 20K per year? You must have a £500K mortgage on that place !

Comment

Worse.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zemoxyl View Post
                    100 * 200 = 20,000

So you're just breaking even on something that's turning over 20K per year? You must have a £500K mortgage on that place !
                    You've no idea how much you need to pay in expenses to look after it. The housekeeper alone costs me more than half that. Quality is important.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      You've no idea how much you need to pay in expenses to look after it. The housekeeper alone costs me more than half that. Quality is important.
                      I'm sure your 'housekeeper' is worth it! 😄

Comment

Working...
                      X