• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM for Mudskipper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just..off...to..the..fridge

be still, my beating heart
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

How does this help me poo?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Eat some dried fruit, and if that doesn't work eat a very hot curry.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I had a extra spicy chicken tikka achari the other week and went out for a run the next morning.

Just glad I took that handful of bog roll in me pocket

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            thou jesteth

12 cans a night , I havn't done a solid poo in 2 decades.

peanuts excepted of course. and cashews
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Well done suity

I usually reckon about 500 calories an hour and doing about 13 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Well done suity

I usually reckon about 500 calories an hour and doing about 13 miles.
                This. If you are working moderately hard then 500 hour is a reasonable estimate. Ignore the Garmin etc calorie counters, they are all crap unless you fit their model. The only way to be really sure is to do a proper test in controlled environment, and thats only for the pro's.

As someone else posted above, until you are properly fit base your effort on how you feel. Feel good, push harder, feel a bit crappy, go a bit easier. Just try and do something most days. AHR/MHR and all the rest are heavily influence by your general health and fitness level. A better guide to progress is to ride a shorter timed route once a week and track your times / ave speed on that. You should see regular progress as long as you are doing something most days.

If you are following you HR don't go for the actual figures, work on percentages.

Best results for weight loss come when you are working at between 65-70% of MHR. In this range you are burning fat, not glycogen. It will feel like you are not really trying a lot of the time, but thats not important. You'll be able to go for longer, which means more fat burned, which means more weight loss.

Working above that rate means you start burning glycogen in the muscles rather than fat and while you will go faster you will run out of steam a lot sooner unless you are eating to replenish what you use, which defeats the object when you are working to lose weight.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

And don't go eating pies/chocolate straight afterwards....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    And don't go eating pies/chocolate straight afterwards....
                    Hang on - isn't that the point of exercising?

Comment

@DB

I burned off all me glycogen and at one point must have been burning off bone.

I slept very soundly for 12 hours.
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X