• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where do teachers sit in the class hierarchy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Oh, do they work less than 39 weeks per year and 35 hours per week? Private school of course don't get a golden pension.

Out of all of the 'professions' we the tax payer, pay for, teachers are without doubt the most self-indulgent bunch of self righteous whingers I have ever seen. They have it better than Brillopads ex-wives, but yet they still want more & worse they want to continually tell us about it.

Work in the private sector and see what real work is like.
    Why don't you go and talk to real teachers then help out in a classroom?

(Though you may not be able to do the latter due to not being DBS checked.)

Oh and teachers whine a lot less than NHS staff.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh, do they work less than 39 weeks per year and 35 hours per week? Private school of course don't get a golden pension.

Out of all of the 'professions' we the tax payer, pay for, teachers are without doubt the most self-indulgent bunch of self righteous whingers I have ever seen. They have it better than Brillopads ex-wives, but yet they still want more & worse they want to continually tell us about it.

Work in the private sector and see what real work is like.
      Um Private school teachers do fall under the Teachers' pension scheme

see State boosts teachers' pensions at private schools | Education | The Guardian and https://www.teacherspensions.co.uk/n...t-schools.aspx

But apart from that totally wrong unchecked assertion I can't be arsed to argue over any other bit of your ill-conceived, unresearched argument.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Why don't you go and talk to real teachers then help out in a classroom?

(Though you may not be able to do the latter due to not being DBS checked.)

Oh and teachers whine a lot less than NHS staff.

I have no interest working the classroom, but for those who do, are you telling me that 39 weeks work per year, 35 hours and one of the best public pensions in the country is not good enough?

Teachers are not hard done by, pity they bang on about it so much. Suity used to be a teacher, did you know that?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Um Private school teachers do fall under the Teachers' pension scheme

see State boosts teachers' pensions at private schools | Education | The Guardian and https://www.teacherspensions.co.uk/n...t-schools.aspx

But apart from that totally wrong unchecked assertion I can't be arsed to argue over any other bit of your ill-conceived, unresearched argument.

I stand corrected on the pension piece.

I wonder what I would do if I had 13 weeks holiday a year. Maybe do my inset days or strike then? Oh heaven forbid the lack of disruption.

Comment

I have no interest working the classroom, but for those who do, are you telling me that 39 weeks work per year, 35 hours and one of the best public pensions in the country is not good enough?

Teachers are not hard done by, pity they bang on about it so much. Suity used to be a teacher, did you know that?
            The majority don't work 35 hour weeks they work longer hours. (Though you can easily find this out by asking a teacher.) The payment during the holidays covers the extra hours they do during term time.

The main issues they have are education ministers changing and deciding they know better than their predecessor, so changing things yet again leading to more paperwork they have to fill in which is no help to the children they are teaching. Then ignorant parents like you who make their job harder.

Comment

The majority don't work 35 hour weeks they work longer hours. (Though you can easily find this out by asking a teacher.) The payment during the holidays covers the extra hours they do during term time.

The main issues they have are education ministers changing and deciding they know better than their predecessor, so changing things yet again leading to more paperwork they have to fill in which is no help to the children they are teaching. Then ignorant parents like you who make their job harder.

So clarify, what you're saying is teachers get 13 weeks a year holiday and a golden pension for working the same hours as the rest of us for 39 weeks of the year & that they have to do paperwork during those 39 hours so the government knows what they're doing.

Teachers in England some of the best paid in the world: They earn more but spend less time in the classroom | Daily Mail Online

So let's look at some numbers shall we. For teaching time, they work less in the classroom than in Europe, they get around £40 per hour. Most are under the age of 40 & are among the best paid in the world.

I'm so ignorant.

Comment

Since you insist on believing everything in the Wail there is no point talking to you.

Comment

Since you insist on believing everything in the Wail there is no point talking to you.

Would you prefer the Guardian? Read a couple of blogs by the Secret Teacher who also alludes to the point that they actually have a really good deal and teachers should stop complaining about it.

But as you said, I'd need to talk to a real teacher for them to tell me 'how hard they work' and 'underpaid', 'worth every penny'

What a shameful apologist you are.

Comment

Would you prefer the Guardian? Read a couple of blogs by the Secret Teacher who also alludes to the point that they actually have a really good deal and teachers should stop complaining about it.

But as you said, I'd need to talk to a real teacher for them to tell me 'how hard they work' and 'underpaid', 'worth every penny'

What a shameful apologist you are.
                    Actually I said talk to them then go into a class room and see what happens yourself. You could instead marry or go out with one to see what extra work they do, but I think your wife would have something to say about it.

Certain age groups, subjects and types of schools are associated with doing more work than others hence my original comment.

Comment

The trouble with teachers, hours aside, is that with no market to speak of you don't have to be any good at anything to be one. Hence, most are pretty dumb - although I remember a few who were great teachers.

What I find odd is the idea that children should be taught by kids who left school to go into teaching, and have been a teacher ever since with zero real world experience of anything - other than teaching

That aside, I reckon I'd go with middle class.

Comment

Working...
                      X