• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plane crash in Alps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    His doctors must have known this and he was diagnosed a lunatic.
    I don't think any doctor would diagnose anyone "a lunatic". What did they actually say, if the facts don't get in the way of your claims?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Your single braincell doesn't get it, does it? This guy was a pilot holding the lives of hundreds people literally in his hands. His doctors must have known this and he was diagnosed a lunatic. His doctors should have informed his employer immediately, by not doing this they are complicit of the murder of 150 people
      Feck me you're a cretin. There's no such diagnosis as "lunatic".
      Are you a loser?
      Didn't do too well at school?
      Can't make it in the most dynamic economy in Europe?
      No good with women?

Then VOTE UKIP! We'll make you whole again

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        I am very worried by the state of the world we live in. This copilot has grieving family too. Should we not wait until the investigation concludes before hurling accusations?

For all we know, he was having a delusional episode and there is some previously unknown medical history or congenital condition that was missed.
        Yes, this is true. There are a number of theories floating around with (widely varying) degrees of plausibility. I truly feel sorry for his parents. And ,of course, we only have the word of the French investigators and Lufthansa to go on. All I'm saying is that deliberate crashing of the plane is currently most likely (remember the voice recorder data is in the public domain and cannot, ultimately, be suppressed).
        Reading around the web I can find really out there, tin foil hat shit: like
        - the LHC at CERN. Switched off around the time the plane flew over (some nonsense about generating black holes and it's being covered up)
        - ley lines (I shit: you not)
        - apparently the New World Order/Illuminati wanted somebody on the plane bumped off so used remote mind control on the co-pilot. Then had a squad standing by near the mountain to remove the flight data recorder before the cavalry arrived.

Being mentally ill, outwardly functional and, therefore,being able to cover it up is also a theory, but more one I can relate to.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Euler View Post
          Feck me you're a cretin. There's no such diagnosis as "lunatic".
          Yes!!

Sas is back to his old self
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            Yes, this is true. There are a number of theories floating around with (widely varying) degrees of plausibility. I truly feel sorry for his parents. And ,of course, we only have the word of the French investigators and Lufthansa to go on. All I'm saying is that deliberate crashing of the plane is currently most likely (remember the voice recorder data is in the public domain and cannot, ultimately, be suppressed).
            Reading around the web I can find really out there, tin foil hat shit: like
            - the LHC at CERN. Switched off around the time the plane flew over (some nonsense about generating black holes and it's being covered up)
            - ley lines (I shit: you not)
            - apparently the New World Order/Illuminati wanted somebody on the plane bumped off so used remote mind control on the co-pilot. Then had a squad standing by near the mountain to remove the flight data recorder before the cavalry arrived.

Being mentally ill, outwardly functional and, therefore,being able to cover it up is also a theory, but more one I can relate to.
            WZS +1

For the record my previous comments were directed at ze world, not you so I don't know why I quoted you to be honest.

At least now I am quoting you for a reason
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Someone thought Lost was a documentary.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Germanwings get ready to be surprised adverts to be removed:

Germanwings 'be surprised' adverts removed - BBC Newsbeat

Comment

Germanwings get ready to be surprised adverts to be removed:

Germanwings 'be surprised' adverts removed - BBC Newsbeat
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    It's a strange one.

Assuming the guy was mentally ill, he may or may not also have been evil.

As most people aren't evil, the balance of probability is that he did what he did because of mental illness.

If he had had a physical illness that caused the plane to crash, no one would be calling him a murderer. AFAIK, no-one called the Glasgow bin lorry driver a murderer.

If the doctor had informed his employer, and he had been grounded, then it would not encourage other people with depression to seek help - crashing a plane full of people is not a foreseeable outcome for most people with depression unless he had actually expressed that sort of intent.
                    Having said that, most of the inmates of Broadmoor probably fall into this category.

Comment

In terms of what can/should be learned from this, I think as a passenger I'd sooner go back to a scenario where it is easier to gain access to the cockpit. Yes there is the terrorist angle and you can argue that this is more likely than a single rogue pilot, but look at it another way: supposing even with a rule that 2 people have to be on the flight deck at all times, how difficult would it really be for a rogue pilot or flight crew member to incapacitate the other person and lock themselves in the cockpit with complete security to do as they want. Balance that against 100+ passengers who want to survive and let them get into the cockpit to fight back and try to regain control of the aircraft.

I'm not saying either situation is ideal, but the idea of me sitting in a passenger seat and being separated from the cockpit by a locked grenade proof door worries me more than the odd terrorist who would have to fight their way through the passengers to get to the flight deck. In that situation I'd like to have some chance of survival and feel like I have at least a slight chance of taking action to rectify the situation. The people on that flight had zero chance of survival once the door was locked behind the pilot and that has to change.

Comment

Working...
                      X