• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent asking for NI number before next payment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So forum regulars - have you supplied your NI details, or are you planning to refuse (or already have done)?
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
      So forum regulars - have you supplied your NI details, or are you planning to refuse (or already have done)?
      I've supplied mine. Don't see the big deal TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
        I've not supplied mine. I'll fight it to the end.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Haven't yet. I am having a war with the agency. They tried their old chestnut of stopping payments and I replied to them saying 'Try it. Good luck.'.

My contract finishes on 17th April and I am opted in. So far they haven't stopped my payments (received one payment today).

Their obligation is not my arse wipe after all. If it comes down to the wire, I will think about it.

If they want a fight, I am happy to give it to them the good old Northern way.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
            I'm an employee / worker for a Ltd that I happen to be a shareholder of. My Ltd tends to win contracts via agencies (in the main) and then tells me where I need to go to work that day to earn my salary.
            Sure it does.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I've not supplied mine. I'll fight it to the end.
              The end = 5pm on April 5th?
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Sure it does.
                Ok, it gives me a bit more notice of where I'm working but essentially that is the way it works.

Comment

Dodgy Payments

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  I love how people always fail to see the other side:-

The problem this is designed to solve for HMRC is agencies are paying people by dodgy means...

So they ask agencies to report how they pay all the people who work through them... We are people and work through them so they have to report the amount of money they pay us...

If you don't like it there are really only 3 options:-
                  1. Go perm
                  2. Go direct
                  3. Move up the food chain and become a proper consultancy
                  Been looking into this today as agency has finally caught on and asked for my details. Being an inquisitive type, I was trying to work out how they could use the data since the quarters don't align to my companies year end / VAT reporting and my salary / div have no baring on the amount I am paid from the agency (ie I pay myself 10k salary, 30k divi regardless of whether I earn 150k, 100k, 50k. Useful for HMRC in case of investigation but day to day, I can't really see a use aside from identifying the dodgy payments and maybe EBT's (if that is not what your referring to with 'dodgy agency payments'.

Comment

Working...
                  X