• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This Farage Immigrants with HIV Business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    Right on cue, today's Express:

Migrants who plunder Britain's free healthcare cost the NHS up to £300million a year

But £300 million is a drop in the ocean, right? And it's only "up to".....
    They are countering a piece in the Guardian 2 days ago which states British people in the EU cost far more than that in healthcare costs.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
      Right on cue, today's Express:

Migrants who plunder Britain's free healthcare cost the NHS up to £300million a year

But £300 million is a drop in the ocean, right? And it's only "up to".....
      Quite surprised they didn't do it earlier seeing as the Express is Ukip's mouthpiece
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I must find a way to get £300m from the state in return for nothing. Nobody should complain, it's only "a drop in the ocean"
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          I must find a way to get £300m from the state in return for nothing. Nobody should complain, it's only "a drop in the ocean"
          TBH, you really come across as thick as two short planks. You seem obsessed with the minor amounts the NHS is spending on some diseases with quite a low incidence and prevalence, completely ignoring the big issue: 66% of NHS users are over 65 and that proportion is growing fast. These people have an exponential demand on the NHS: they are in fact the cause of virtually ALL the strain the NHS is experiencing at the moment.
          Are you a loser?
          Didn't do too well at school?
          Can't make it in the most dynamic economy in Europe?
          No good with women?

Then VOTE UKIP! We'll make you whole again

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            They are countering a piece in the Guardian 2 days ago which states British people in the EU cost far more than that in healthcare costs.
            I misssed that but did find this which also said, in terms, 'we have no idea'

The NHS is not set up even to count the numbers of paying and non-paying health tourists, she said. "It would require a sea change in the NHS to begin challenging or following them up," she said.
            Medical tourism generates millions for NHS and wider economy, finds study | Society | The Guardian
            My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by Euler View Post
              TBH, you really come across as thick as two short planks. You seem obsessed with the minor amounts the NHS is spending on some diseases with quite a low incidence and prevalence, completely ignoring the big issue: 66% of NHS users are over 65 and that proportion is growing fast. These people have an exponential demand on the NHS: they are in fact the cause of virtually ALL the strain the NHS is experiencing at the moment.

oh right, what do you propose Euthanasia? After it is all their fault for getting old.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                oh right, what do you propose Euthanasia? After it is all their fault for getting old.
                Feck me going from dumb to dumber.
                No I propose to focus on addressing this most important issue for the NHS rather than wasting time with inconsequential bollux.
                Are you a loser?
                Didn't do too well at school?
                Can't make it in the most dynamic economy in Europe?
                No good with women?

Then VOTE UKIP! We'll make you whole again

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  same sort of gibberish they published when the tories abolished the bogus colleges you know the ones, offices the size of toilet cubicles with 10,000 students studying NVQ1 in flower arranging at £5k a year, they were just a front to import cheap labour.

I'm sure many hospitals do generate income from paying patients and it underwrites our research which saves many lives. However if migrants are prepared to hang on to trucks in Calais so they can pick potatoes what makes you think they wouldn't do the same for free health care if they are suffering a serious disease?

they don't know how many are using it without paying and many don't want to find out.

I can assure you from personal experience and comments from others maternity services in our areas are 80% used by mothers with English as a second language.

Comment

Originally posted by Euler View Post
                    Feck me going from dumb to dumber.
                    No I propose to focus on addressing this most important issue for the NHS rather than wasting time with inconsequential bollux.
                    The biggest problem facing the NHS in my experience is the complete lack of organisation and competence in the management structure.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      The biggest problem facing the NHS in my experience is the complete lack of organisation and competence in the management structure.
                      I don't think anyone can disagree with that but IMO if they are looking at all areas to cut costs then no stone should be left unturned and that includes Health Tourism. Problem is most people don't want to go near it for fear of getting branded racist which is just ludicrous.

I do see the figures being posted and then the counter figure that it is only a miniscule percentage of the NHS spend but it's a figure that's only going to rise exponentially as time goes on. I don't know the up to date figures but in 2011 26% of babies in the UK were born to foreign mothers and didn't that reach over 50% in the London last year? This is just one area but these figures aren't going to level out so about time it gets looked at seriously rather than just saying it's only a small percentage of the budget now.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X