• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Death Penalty in the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote Ukip: Bringing back the death penalty | News | Law Society Gazette

Chief among these supporters is UKIP deputy leader Paul Nuttall, UKIP MEP for the north-west of England. He wants the death penalty introduced for child murderers, serial killers and those who murder police officers. Nuttall stresses that it is UKIP’s policy to hold a referendum on controversial issues which gain the support of 5% of the population.
    In 2011, Nuttall signed a petition on the Downing Street website launched by political blogger Guido Fawkes which had the aim of attracting the necessary 100,000 signatures to trigger a debate. As he pointed out at the time, a YouGov poll found that 62% of people would support the death penalty for child murder and 65% for serial murder.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

If the death penalty worked as a deterrent then there would not be so many murders in the USA. The best deterrent is detection of the perpetrators.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Or possibly if it wasn't for the death penalty, the murder rate in the US would be even higher.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Thow shalt not kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
            Thow shalt not kill.
            Thou shall
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              If the death penalty worked as a deterrent then there would not be so many murders in the USA. The best deterrent is detection of the perpetrators.
              Some say the threat of the death penalty causes more deaths, if you think you might get caught raping someone, you might as well kill them so they can't help catch you
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                You have to detect the perpetrators to be able to give them the death penalty. By your own logic detection of the perpetrators doesn't work as a deterrent as there would not be so many murders if it did.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Some say the threat of the death penalty causes more deaths, if you think you might get caught raping someone, you might as well kill them so they can't help catch you
                  That's true no matter what the penalty is. But if you get the death penalty for one murder, having killed one person you have nothing to lose by going on a killing spree.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Thou shall
                    feck it

Comment

Another possible problem is that juries may be less willing to convict. Some won't want a death on their conscience, especially if they have even a little doubt about guilt.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X