• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid little 'well done' awards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    When I was at Nationwide I got a medal for releasing my first code change - and 3 dolly birds came to my desk and did a little song and dance routine before draping it round my neck. Something about "Pride, passion and belief" ISTR.
    One of the contractors I worked with at Nationwide was given a Pride award and put it on his CV.
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
      When I was at Nationwide I got a medal for releasing my first code change - and 3 dolly birds came to my desk and did a little song and dance routine before draping it round my neck. Something about "Pride, passion and belief" ISTR.
      I believe you.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        When I worked on Wall Street selling penny stocks at the end of each week we were rewarded with beer, prostitutes and as much cocaine as we could sniff. One week we had a dwarf tossing competition. Halycon days.
        LOL
        Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
        http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Many of the cynics in this thread would actually fall over themselves with delight if the boss gave them a free pair of Raybans for writing a good Perl script or whatever. They would casually mention it to all family and friends, put it on their CV, wear them even at night, and then, if offered an extension with a rate cut, would accept it in the most sycophantic terms...

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            I believe you.

Lordy lordy
            Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
            http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
              Many of the newbies on this site would actually fall over themselves with delight if the boss gave them a free pair of Raybans for writing a good Perl script or whatever. They would casually mention it to all family and friends, put it on their CV, wear them even at night, and then, if offered an extension with a rate cut, would accept it in the most sycophantic terms...
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I like an acknowledgement of my hard work. Like a rate rise.
                If they make a song and dance about how good you are, that's great ammunition when you request a rate/pay increase.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
                  Lardy lardy
                  FTFY

FLC you are rocking that dress!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Back in the nineties when cash was aplenty, the team I was contracting for delivered something on time and we were all presented with an Olympic faux gold medal in celebration that we lied on a delivery date or something.

I felt like Linford Christie.

Without the lunchbox.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post

Without the lunchbox.
                      a bit of silicon could sort that for you.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X