• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Blow for Marxist/Atheism ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Given that the vast majority of pedophiles do not work for the Catholic church, and are not even catholics, what exactly is your point?
    Didn't the Pope admit that 1 in 50 Catholic priests was a paedophile?
    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
      Didn't the Pope admit that 1 in 50 Catholic priests was a paedophile?
      How would he possibly know that? And of course we'd then have to know the incidence in the world population to compare to make a comparison... which we also don't know for the same reasons!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

How would he possibly know that? And of course we'd then have to know the incidence in the world population to compare to make a comparison... which we also don't know for the same reasons!
        No idea where he got his figures from, but I reckon he would have a pretty good idea seeing as he is the boss of that particular organisation.
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
          No idea where he got his figures from, but I reckon he would have a pretty good idea seeing as he is the boss of that particular organisation.
          Really? Do you think most CEOs of gigantic, multinational companies know how many of their employees are gay, let alone how many are pedophiles? It's not like most priests really even come into contact with the pope, and I doubt those who do lead with "so, you can keep a secret right?"
          Last edited by d000hg; 12 May 2015, 12:24.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Given that the vast majority of pedophiles do not work for the Catholic church, and are not even catholics, what exactly is your point?
            It was covered up and the Church protected those who did it. Name me one other organisation that did that.......except the BBC and the Torys.....

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
              It was covered up and the Church protected those who did it. Name me one other organisation that did that.......except the BBC and the Torys.....
              Slightly missing the point. Catholic priests have undertaken holy orders promising themselves to God and the teachings of Christ, they are entrusted to deliver the word of God and even turn bread into flesh and wine into blood. It's just another invalidation of superstitous nonsense. Maybe they took Matt. 19.14 a bit too literally!
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Really? Do you think most CEOs of gigantic, multinational companies know how many of their employees are gay, let alone how many are pedophiles? It's not like most priests really even come into contact with the pope, and I doubt those who do lead with "so, you can keep a secret right?"
                Are you seriously suggesting that the Pope just made that number up? Do you think he got up one morning and thought that he needed to say something that would get his name in the papers and decided it was good to accuse 2% of all priests as being paedophiles?

If the number he quoted is inaccurate I would think it would only be too low, and he would be following the Catholic tradition of the clergy lying to protect themselves.

Comment

In those cases there was some sort of distorted ideology used such as Marxism/Communism, which I would group with religion. Atheism simple means you don't believe in God, anything layered on top isn't Atheism. Any modern Democratic Atheist country such as Sweden is the correct example.

Classic.
                  Unix - states that religion is the cause of all evil
                  NAT - demonstrates three recent historical cases demonstrating the falsehood of Unix's belief
                  Unix - redefines "religion" to meet his argument.

Furthermore, Sweden is not an atheist state, it is a secular state (having recently disestablished its church). That means it is does not support a specific religion, nor does it support lack of religion - it is entirely neutral on the subject. The only non-secular states are the Islamic states, the UK, Norway, Denmark, Greece, Argentina and Switzerland - and the Vatican of course. Even the US is a secular state.

And people say the religious are deluded and ignorant... that also seems to be no respecter of philosophical position...
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Classic.
                    Unix - states that religion is the cause of all evil
                    NAT - demonstrates three recent historical cases demonstrating the falsehood of Unix's belief
                    Unix - redefines "religion" to meet his argument.

Furthermore, Sweden is not an atheist state, it is a secular state (having recently disestablished its church). That means it is does not support a specific religion, nor does it support lack of religion - it is entirely neutral on the subject. The only non-secular states are the Islamic states, the UK, Norway, Denmark, Greece, Argentina and Switzerland - and the Vatican of course. Even the US is a secular state.

And people say the religious are deluded and ignorant... that also seems to be no respecter of philosophical position...
                    Classic!

Unix - states that religion is the cause of a lot evil (not all)
                    NAT - demonstrates three recent historical cases demonstrating nothing to do with Unix point
                    Unix - Points out this
                    NAT - Bans Unix for 3 days
                    CUK - Goes into 3 days of mourning.

Comment

NAT - Bans Unix for 3 days
                      CUK - Goes into 3 days of mourning.
                      Unix is then raised from death to eternal life to general rejoicing, since he's not a naughty boy, he's the messiah.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X