• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

They want to boom but cant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get someone else in, and they exercise their right of substitution and bring you in.

Simple
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Get someone else in, and they exercise their right of substitution and bring you in.

Simple
      Hey! That sounds like a good idea. I wonder if it would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
        Been here 18 months they want to boom but internal rule says not allowed contractor no more than a year apparently. Project at critical phase so unless they get someone else in 7 weeks this project wont have a PM. Oh well i am not that fussed really but ready for them to change their minds. Will start the hunt with 4 weeks to go for something else
        Is this in the public sector?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          Is this in the public sector?
          Yeah

Comment

I've seen this too. Certain big company used to not extend past a year. No way no how. Company policy from way up top - no exceptions EVER.

It was a case of go perm or leave. And they enforced it on quite a few people who did leave. Managed to screw quite a few things up with this approach.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
              Its the same HR mentality that will hire a contractor for hundreds a day but gives them the crappest laptop that was lying there gathering dust to save a few quid.
              I have a 3+ yr old accountants laptop with a dual core i7 that can't cope with the software stack I need to compile = more time to post on CUK while the cpu screams along and the fan tries its best to cool it every half hour :-)

Comment

Working...
              X