• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying cash into the bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Anyway, if I were you, I wouldn't pay cash into the bank. Cash is a wonderful untraceable thing that should be stashed in a cubby hole somewhere, to be used when you need it, e.g. paying some geezer to bump off the missus, buying drugs, buying gifts for the mistress, etc. OK, you probably won't get a hit for a mere £3k but it's a start.
    Never was a truer piece of wisdom better said.

Comment

OK, you probably won't get a hit for a mere £3k but it's a start.
      I'd bet some Libyan immigrants would be up for it. Another good reason to allow more of them in.

Paid in the money. No questions asked.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        I'd bet some Libyan immigrants would be up for it. Another good reason to allow more of them in.

Paid in the money. No questions asked.
        Finding people to do it is not the problem.

Finding people who are good enough at it not to get caught and lead the rozzers back to you is the challenge.

erm apparently.

Comment

I heard of someone recently who had to "fill a form/questionnaire in" to pay £3k into the bank. Probably some bloke down the pub.

Anyway, if I were you, I wouldn't pay cash into the bank. Cash is a wonderful untraceable thing that should be stashed in a cubby hole somewhere, to be used when you need it, e.g. paying some geezer to bump off the missus, buying drugs, buying gifts for the mistress, etc. OK, you probably won't get a hit for a mere £3k but it's a start.
          But what about the interest you could earn?

Oh yeah - I take your point....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            How many do you want done? Just asking, like.
            That reminds me of the Rab C. Nesbitt episode where he goes into a rough pub looking for a hitman.

The whole transaction was done in the style you ask a barman to get a taxi for you.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              That reminds me of the Rab C. Nesbitt episode where he goes into a rough pub looking for a hitman.

The whole transaction was done in the style you ask a barman to get a taxi for you.
              The type of pub where they ask you at the door if you have a weapon? If you say no you get offered one...

Comment

'Stuff it all in your wallet and pockets and feel epic'

Loving that !

I was surprised in the same way when a chap turned up on a train and bunged me 6k for my golf.
                Immediate concerns - is this all kosher, will I get a knock on the door later from his mates, where do I stash it in the house (behind skirting under kitchen cupboard - yeah I know not great).
                Started spending a bit and didnt get any issues, used cash for everything and bunged about 4 k in the bank - one 20 note was snide but the rest ok thank fck....

Comment

Working...
                X