• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stuff you didn't think existed any more but still does.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely the one side burnt crispy pancakes!! Minced beef.

Also dandelion and burdock from the Alpine van (every Friday). if we were good (and dad had some money) we also were treated to a bottle of cream soda and a mars bar.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Milkman. I have one; people don't believe me when I tell them.
      I see the bottles outside the odd house here and there in Durham. We also get rag'n'bone men prowling the streets reasonably regularly in the NE.

I saw someone selling Rio pop the other day, that was a blast from the past.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I see the bottles outside the odd house here and there in Durham. We also get rag'n'bone men prowling the streets reasonably regularly in the NE.

I saw someone selling Rio pop the other day, that was a blast from the past.
        We get the Rag and Bone van here every couple of weeks, complete with loud hailer annoucing their arrival.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          We get the Rag and Bone van here every couple of weeks, complete with loud hailer annoucing their arrival.
          Area too posh for Rag and Bone men but last time I stuck a unwanted large metal domestic appliance a truck full of scrap suddenly appeared and asked if they could collect for me. I happily obliged rather than pay to dispose of it....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MercladUK View Post

Also dandelion and burdock from the Alpine van (every Friday). if we were good (and dad had some money) we also were treated to a bottle of cream soda and a mars bar.
            The alpine van, I'd forgotten about that. Massive thick glass bottles of 'crap pop'.

Kempe's Engineering Yearbook
            Last edited by TestMangler; 17 June 2015, 09:23.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Kempe's Engineering Yearbook
              The CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics is still going strong though, now in its 95th edition
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by MercladUK View Post

Sasparella and root beer too. Those were the days when cloudy lemonade was posh.

Comment

Working...
                X