• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is employment and why does it matter?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    For the Government & HMR&C, PAYE is a great boon IMO.
    FTFY

PAYE is like a silent pair of shears, less likely to alarm the sheep make them start bleating as their locks are shorn to the skin !
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Wouldn't that mean everyone has to do a personal tax return every year, and PAYE would break? I thought this was one issue with the US system, hence they have Tax Day?

For the typical worker, PAYE is a great boon IMO.
      Same as now. Anyone with a reason has to do a tax return; the majority that are PAYE only just rely on their employer.

The whole system is ludicrously complicated. My tax code has been reduced to 900-and-something to adjust for the BIK for my employer's health insurance. Far better to just keep everyone's allowance the same and make any adjustments by sending a bill/cheque.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        FTFY

PAYE is like a silent pair of shears, less likely to alarm the sheep make them start bleating as their locks are shorn to the skin !
        Most people would much rather be taxed at the time they are paid, than have to save up their tax and pay it in a lump sum. If you never have the money, you miss losing it less
        Last edited by d000hg; 22 July 2015, 16:56.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X